How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

3 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Just for you Whofan :dull:

Thanks, must learn to read whole thread before embarrassing myself.

Glad to see you do it right !

26 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Thanks, must learn to read whole thread before embarrassing myself.

Glad to see you do it right !

I have the same problem. Just nice to see that I am normal (:lalala:) I think.

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday 15th; afternoon & evening. 6/10 cloud, not too warm nor too cold, no rain. I have my front window open and radio on.

From outside; screams and shouts of many children doing what children do best; being children and playing. They are so loud I cannot really hear the music on the radio

Most excellent!!

• Like 3

Spring!

It's finally sprung here, no rain for two days and none forecast for another week. I was out in one of our horse fields this morning checking the fence for any bad connections when a deer trotted across the next field, about 50m away. When it got to the tree line it stopped, looked at me then ambled off into the copse, another one the hunters missed. Hooray.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Spring!

It's finally sprung here, no rain for two days and none forecast for another week. I was out in one of our horse fields this morning checking the fence for any bad connections when a deer trotted across the next field, about 50m away. When it got to the tree line it stopped, looked at me then ambled off into the copse, another one the hunters missed. Hooray.

No doubt the chasse will have it sooner or later.

It's about 25 degrees outside at the moment, so time to get my sit upon mower (aka Black Betty) out and cut the foot high grass.

John.

• Sad 1

I'm easily pleased so when I visited Prestwick today I was delighted to see that it looked like a proper Fleet Air Arm station with 2 Merlins and 3 Hawks. The RAF popped in with 2 Hercs and 2 Hawk T2s and there was a Canadian Herc parked up. Add Cobham's 5 Falcons and it made a great visit.

Star for me was this beastie (excuse the cropping but it was on the far side of the airfield):

resized_7212d30d-26f8-42d4-b37b-0d59000c

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

I'm easily pleased so when I visited Prestwick today I was delighted to see that it looked like a proper Fleet Air Arm station with 2 Merlins and 3 Hawks. The RAF popped in with 2 Hercs and 2 Hawk T2s and there was a Canadian Herc parked up. Add Cobham's 5 Falcons and it made a great visit.

Star for me was this beastie (excuse the cropping but it was on the far side of the airfield):

resized_7212d30d-26f8-42d4-b37b-0d59000c

Built the 1/48 Airfix. One of the best models I have built. Went together very well. Very enjoyable.

Not sure they have the colour quite right. Obviously used a close Tamiya in place of Vallejo. Never mind they seem to have a better fit on the canopy than mine.

Anyway what scale is the one above in the picture. :drunk:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Anyway what scale is the one above in the picture.

It's the 1/700 scale one that came with a ship kit. Looks real doesn't it? 

I seem to be mastering this model photo malarkey :wicked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I must be getting soft in the head in my old age. Every time that I go into our gite (which is unoccupied for most of the year), I find a load of trapped flies and bumble bees. The BB's are big beggars and if I can catch them I release them outside. Today I found one slowly crawling over the window sill, so slowly that it really looked as though it was on it's last knockings. So I picked it up and put it outside in the sunshine, thinking that it wasn't long for this world. But after a couple of minutes, and a few false starts, it gracefully rose into the air and flew away, with me shouting encouragement. I did feel chuffed. If any of my neighbours heard me, no doubt they thought "crazy anglais!!"

John.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I must be getting soft in the head in my old age. Every time that I go into our gite (which is unoccupied for most of the year), I find a load of trapped flies and bumble bees. The BB's are big beggars and if I can catch them I release them outside. Today I found one slowly crawling over the window sill, so slowly that it really looked as though it was on it's last knockings. So I picked it up and put it outside in the sunshine, thinking that it wasn't long for this world. But after a couple of minutes, and a few false starts, it gracefully rose into the air and flew away, with me shouting encouragement. I did feel chuffed. If any of my neighbours heard me, no doubt they thought "crazy anglais!!"

John.

On behalf of insects everywhere, thank you John – hero of the bug world.

I hate the usual 'go to' option of most people, “Errr bug, kill it”. They may not be beautiful or cuddly (to most people) but we couldn't manage without them. When we find a sizeable spider in the house, we name it and let it go about its business. They have just as much right to life as we do.

• Like 6

What makes me happy...????

Saturday morning, I turn on my trusty old Jeep Cherokee Laredo.....six cylinders roaring steady. Then heading to my LHS, were a group of freaks meet to talk about models (some daring one even builds anything)...... then to a restaurant in the countryside....enjoying local, traditional food and wine....then back to the hobby shop and spending the rest of the evening drinking some beer, and again talking about models...that makes me happy....very happy....

cheers...

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Gorby said:

On behalf of insects everywhere, thank you John – hero of the bug world.

I hate the usual 'go to' option of most people, “Errr bug, kill it”. They may not be beautiful or cuddly (to most people) but we couldn't manage without them. When we find a sizeable spider in the house, we name it and let it go about its business. They have just as much right to life as we do.

The field opposite me has a couple of cows and next door have three horses,every summer the spiders in my place think it's christmas,they're a great way of getting rid of the flies...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

What makes me happy:

The sun, family and friends, days without pain 😊

Amen.

Thinking of my eighteen month old Grandson, diagnosed with AML Leukemia, started his first five weeks of Chemo today.....:crying:

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

The field opposite me has a couple of cows and next door have three horses,every summer the spiders in my place think it's christmas,they're a great way of getting rid of the flies...

If one neighbour has got cows and one neighbour has got horses and you've got spiders, you might need to up your game there Vince, it's not very impressive livestock. :giggle:

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Gorby said:

If one neighbour has got cows and one neighbour has got horses and you've got spiders, you might need to up your game there Vince, it's not very impressive livestock. :giggle:

I've got a cat if that counts as an upgrade,the horses are gorgeous animals (there isn't much that's better than hearing them neigh)  cows on the other hand are just mobile steaks....

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Have you seen the size of his spiders though?

8fac68f5-4a2b-4eca-8b59-0665959b4c5b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4