Spitfire Mk.IXC, BS147

Oldone

I thought I would do this Spitfire because BS147 went on to become the orange  Spitfire Mk1Xc Schreiner Airways Texel that I made before.

This time I will use a Italeri Spitfire Mk IX, A lot easyer build ( getting lazy ).

43669ba7-40a0-425c-89c2-667afd7bab5e.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johnd said:

Excellent! I have a couple of these and welcome tips on how to build them.

John.

Quit an easy build out of the box.Not much detail in the cockpit,so all I made was the harness straps and the raidio behind the seat.

The only bit that I had a bit off trouble with was that the air intake, so had to fill in with a bit of putty.. Sorry I did not take many pictures. I have put a few below of the ones I have taken.

Good luck with your build, they do fit together quit easy.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, johnd said:

Did you stick the two halves of the nose together first and then attach to the assembled fuselage or individual nose sides to their respective fuselage parts? 

John.

Hi John,

The way I did it was to build the wings together first, let them set. Then I glued joined the fuselage and nose pieces all together held them in place with tape. I then placed the fuselage onto the wings but did not glue the fuselage to the wings just taped it in place and left it to set. So all 5 parts glued together and taped

So cockpit set on fuselage let to set. Then I joint part numbers 9a 10a fusalage, nose 11a 11b and 34b altogether and glued and taped. Put on wings put not glued onto the wings  

I do not know if this is the right or best way but it work for me..

Hope this explaines the way I built the Spitfire.

Les

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cookenbacher said:

Wow, did you airbrush the camo free hand? Either way, it looks great.

Hi Cookenbacher. Thanks for the complement. Yes I did airbrush it by free hand, so much easyer or it is for me.

• Like 1