Model T Ford 1917 LCP + Aussie

I picked this kit up at Telford last year simply because it was something different and if you've followed any of my builds previously you'll know I love building things that are different! :)

DSC_9481.JPG

Now, since it is supposed to be an Aussie, aka Anzac vehicle, I thought these figures might work with it

DSC_9482.JPG

In fact that bloke in the middle leaning against the side of the trench looks perfect!  I didn't do a great job of photographing the build stages, hence why I've jumped straight into RFI! So here is the finished model...

DSC_9881.JPG

DSC_9882.JPG

DSC_9883.JPG

DSC_9884.JPG

The Model T is a relatively simple build with no tricky bits, although the suspension is a bit delicate. ICM have been putting out several variation of this vehicle in 1:35 and 1:24 and I've also picked up the 1:24 Fire engine version which looks to be fun! I did enjoy building this... which is what its all about really :)

• Like 15

Looks great.  Mind you, that would be the smartest T in the LCP.  Most  of them looked like a rolling chassis in need of restoration.  By the time the Aussies joined the LCP they recorded some very caustic comments about the (very) used Ts  they were given!

Cheers

Will

• Haha 1

When I was doing some research I saw the photos of the various states these were in, however I wasn't ready to go full destruct mode on the kit just yet :) Its a great subject with lots of possible variations.

• Like 1

Nice build and choice of figure.

I have this kit in the stash, hopefully I can do it as much justice as you have, thanks for the inspiration to dig it out.

Cheers Dave

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

never realised this was your masterpiece at club night last month Andrew - I gave you first in class that night but did not hang around for the judging results - how did you get on? This particular build really caught my eye on the night.