English Electric Deltic Prototype (DP1) - OO Gauge

nimrod54

This was a failed completion in last years Made in Britain II Group Build and I decided to enter it in KUTA X. I didn't add a lot to the kit other than a couple of Smiths couplings, a set of vac-formed windows and some decals and etch manufactures plates.

Extras used

Decals and Etch Metal Parts - Fox Transfers

Screw Couplings - Smiths

Vac-form windows - Finecast

Paint

Body - Phoenix Precision P110 Prototype Deltic Blue

Roof/Bogies - Humbrol 128

Details - Citadel, Humbrol, Mr Color

39890399921_37d003e33f_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

39890400641_47fc42228b_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

39890401141_ffb31c242f_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

39890402321_3b6a71eb25_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

28109616549_f4e18be544_b.jpg

by John L, on Flick

• Like 10

Thanks  for your very kind comments gents,

@Billydick I have some N gauge stuff packed away in the loft, they are by Hornby-Minitrix from the early days of British N gauge. I had a 14' x 2' 6" dog bone layout with a small branch that would allow me to run mainline trains and more local traffic. When I look at the choice of British N that is around now I think about starting up again, it would need to be a much smaller affair though because I don't think that Mrs N would allow a 14' layout these days, even if it would fit nicely along one wall of the living room. :)

On 27/01/2018 at 6:47 PM, nimrod54 said:

Thanks  for your very kind comments gents,

@Billydick I have some N gauge stuff packed away in the loft, they are by Hornby-Minitrix from the early days of British N gauge. I had a 14' x 2' 6" dog bone layout with a small branch that would allow me to run mainline trains and more local traffic. When I look at the choice of British N that is around now I think about starting up again, it would need to be a much smaller affair though because I don't think that Mrs N would allow a 14' layout these days, even if it would fit nicely along one wall of the living room. :)

Hi John,

Mine is only a tiddler of a layout, only 4'x2', but with a bit of imagination, and fair tail wind, things can be achieved (I hope! only in its infancy at the moment). But as you say the amount of stuff available in N Gauge is fantastic and the amount of detail Graham Farish and Dapol manage to put in to their locos and rolling stock is incredible - to the point of perhaps making them a bit delicate for constant handling.  I would recommend N Gauge to any aspiring railway modeller strapped for space.  Just wouldn't go for Peco Setrack  again.  Wish I'd gone for the Streamline instead .. oh well.

Best wishes

BillyD 

• Like 1