1/32 Trumpeter MiG-23P Flogger G

Finished this a year ago, super detailed the aircraft and engine, scratch built the crew ladder and engine trolley and heavily modified the figure. This was great fun to build as well as being very interesting aircraft to research...they are a tough bunch the Russians. A few things aren't quite right, but I'm pretty happy how it turned out. The build was in issue 87 of the Airfix magazine

25043471067_bb127ddaef_h.jpgDSC_3486 by Dave Oliver, on Flickr

39915138021_8efa4d15b6_h.jpgmig by Dave Oliver, on Flickr

25043475137_93defd4243_h.jpgDSC_3489 by Dave Oliver, on Flickr

25043478307_8ddc5e665b_h.jpgDSC_3497 by Dave Oliver, on Flickr

• Like 45
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the positive comments..

36 minutes ago, boom.boom said:

Just beautiful!!! Love it!

Just one question, what represent those three rockets on port side of engine intake?

I wondered what they were during the build, maybe kill markings of some sort? 

1 hour ago, wingnut said:

Thanks for all the positive comments..

I wondered what they were during the build, maybe kill markings of some sort? 

Definitely looks like kill marks, and to me...! But when, who, what...:think:!? Interesting!

• Like 1

I was looking at these on eBay last night. What's the build like?, I took photos of the abandoned ones when at Tallil (Iraq) in Gulf war 2. Great looking model.

steve.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the positive feedback...

3 hours ago, armored76 said:

Superb job! I really like the color fading.

Care to share the method you 've chosen to "equalize" the colors? Overspray with base color? Oil wash? Something else? :please:

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. After the paint fading, I used a MIG productions brown filter to blend the different camo colours.

2 hours ago, speedy said:

I was looking at these on eBay last night. What's the build like?, I took photos of the abandoned ones when at Tallil (Iraq) in Gulf war 2. Great looking model.

steve.

The kit is very well designed and moulded, if maybe a little lacking in detail. I added the Airies detail set which made a big difference and rectified a number of deficiencies, for example, the ejector seat is incorrect for the aircraft. It would be great to see a build of a  abandoned, stripped down 23...

36 minutes ago, IGKent said:

Great job! Superb! :yes:

p.s. why high-altitude compensating suit (air-coverall) such colour? That color used in navy aviation.

Thanks. The MiG-23P was a high altitude interceptor so I assume that's why they wear the suit. These were the standard colour apparently, usual problem building Soviet subjects, finding correct colour references