Lockheed U-2C Spyplane

Edubarca

Hello my friends, Greetings from Colombia. I am looking for a detailed three view plan with full details of the Lockheed U-2C Spyplane. My intentions are to design a highly detailed card scale model in 1/33 scale. 

After checking the web I have not been successful obtaining this information. Perhaps you guys can help me.

It has to be the U-2 C model because this is the version that was shot down over Russia on May 1, 1960 causing the famous U-2 Incident and is the model I want to make to commemorate the 58th. anniversary of this very famous happening.

Thank you and best wishes!!

EDUARDO

4 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Hi Eduardo

May I suggest you try and find a copy of Aerograph 3 - Lockheed U-2 by Jay Miller - ISBN 0-942548-04-3 (softcover or 0-942548-05-1 (hardcover).....

....according to that book, Powers' aircraft was 'Article 360' and almost certainly a U-2B, not a C.....

Well, i have checked with other sources, including Powers book "Operation Overflight" and following his description of the aircraft, it is a C model. But that doesn't mean it is final. I think there is a big controvery on this issue. I will try to find the book you tell me, Thanks!!!

7 hours ago, Edubarca said:

Thanks guys. The photo apparently shows the enlarged intake, so I can think it was the C version. 

All modern books exclude the U-2B designation. They agree on the U-2C designation for Powers' plane.

I would like to recommend 'Lockheed Blackbirds' by Thornborough & Davies for the drawings - dozens of of side views with sometimes minute differences, plus 3-views, by Mike Keep. Interestingly, none shows details on the Q-bay hatch, like they were censored. Actually I don't know any drawings  that show the camera windows and antennas on the Q-bay hatch.

Also recommended reading, and free as a PDF: Unlimited Horizons: Design and Development of the U-2 . The first part contains only a few new facts, but the second part contains new research material, like the brain damage that most (all ?) pilots suffered from the high-altitude flight. Wow...

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie