A nice little surprise from Tamiya

shood23

So this just popped up in another group. 

Tamiya have a little surprise in store for release later this year. 

Tamiya surprise

I for one am both equally happy and massively annoyed. Happy because the amg gt3 was an amazingly well thought out kit and builds like a dream so the quality should be right up there and also s27 will no doubt bring out a range of upgrades to do certain races and I am annoyed because I jumped the gun thinking tamiya was fully out the game when it came to f1 and went ahead and bought both the 1/12 and 1/20 kits of the same car from mfh.

From recent history I guess this will be out around the mid to late second quarter of the year so some nice summer builds will be up. 

Shaun 

• Like 1

Shaun 

I noticed this announcement on F1M and thought of you straight away but didn't realise you bought the 1/20 one from mfh also! Ouch! 

And now it looks like mfh are producing the sharknose as well!

Your in for a busy year!

Regards

John

P.S. how's the Brawn getting on?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hugh Jampton said:

Shaun 

I noticed this announcement on F1M and thought of you straight away but didn't realise you bought the 1/20 one from mfh also! Ouch! 

And now it looks like mfh are producing the sharknose as well!

Your in for a busy year!

Regards

John

P.S. how's the Brawn getting on?

Yeah when the mfh/DTM versions popped up I had to get one as the big mfh one is a little to big to fit in any of the display units I have so will be in a separate case,  if I ever get round to finishing it, then the little version can go nicely with the other resin kits I have still to make. 

Ahh the brawn so that has stalled out massively for 2 reasons... 1) I got the s27 Brazil version kit and 2) the red from the tamiya plastic is very tricky to fully stop from bleeding through the sealer paint so it's been painted and stripped multiple times now so I'm just trying to figure out how to pull as much of the red pigment out from the plastic before I put the sealer on. 

Shaun 

• Like 1

Shame about the Brawn, your more knowledgeable than me with the spaying but with my building surveyor hat on and if you have staining coming thorough layers of emulsion, going over the top with an oil based paint can work obviously it will need a lot of prep and 'keying in' by your always thorough on that side of things anyway and you have probably tried something similar anyway.