Heller 2018 online

As it's primarily the unique subjects to the 1/72 range that interests me (Boeing 707/E-3B/EC-121/Noratlas/Constellations/DC-6/CL215/415/Mirage IV) then I am well satisfied, regardless of the age of the tools.

Allan

ps Won't turn my nose up if the two seat Draken and Viggen appear! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Killingholme said:

Out of interest, what are the decals like in Heller kits these days? Might be tempted by some of those re-pops, but probably not it if I'd need to buy (more!) aftermarket decals!

Will

The latest Heller kit I bought was a Viggen in mid 2017, I assume this is the current issue as the box is identical to the one shown on the Heller website

https://www.heller.fr/en/scale-military-airplanes-model-classic/50-ja-37-jaktviggen-3279510000000.html

The decals in this are pretty poor, being seriously off-register. Only very few stencils are supplied and everything is very little detailed, with the unit insignia being very approximate. Really this will need an aftermarket sheet

8 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

As it's primarily the unique subjects to the 1/72 range that interests me (Boeing 707/E-3B/EC-121/Noratlas/Constellations/DC-6/CL215/415/Mirage IV) then I am well satisfied, regardless of the age of the tools.

Allan

ps Won't turn my nose up if the two seat Draken and Viggen appear! 

The 707 was on the Creative Models specials list last week for under £20 +pp.  Out of stock now though.

A year ago I would be very happy about return of Bloch 210 since I was thinking on scratch conversion to Bloch 220. Nowadays two Bloch 220 resin kits appeared so more likely I will go fo one of them instead of scratch works... Anyway nice to see some very difficult to get classics kits on shelvs again. A different story is - what about new kits? For example Breguet XIX or Potez XXV should appear in Musee series as one of the most fameous French planes ever. One can dream also on Potez 39, Spad 510, Latecoere 290 etc...There are so many French machines from 1930s never done as injection model... I hope some people from Heller read this thread, do you?

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

...There are so many French machines from 1930s never done as injection model... I hope some people from Heller read this thread, do you?

Frankly speaking not only "from 1930s" - the things look still worse among the Great War relics. Between 1913 and 1918 there were some 230.000 aircraft manufactured worldwide - 35% of them in Britain, 30% in France, 20% in Germany and 15% in all other countries (USA, Italy, Austria, Russia...) combined. And now have a look at the MAINSTREAM 1/72 plastic kits - for Britain we have a DH.2, DH.4, Avro 504, Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter, Camel, Snipe, Pup, Triplane and Baby, Bristol F2B, SE 5, RE 8, BE 2, HP 0/400 (I hope I haven't missed more). And what what about the French? Spad SA2/4, and S7/13, Breguet 14, Nieuport 11/17/27 and 28, Hanriot HD1, Bleriot XI and two Morane-Saulnier monoplanes. So where are all these Farmans (almost 10.000 built), Salmsons, Caudrons, Voisins, FBAs, Dorands, Donnets, Letords, Telliers (to list just those manufactured in series more than 300 units long) ?

Shame, Messieurs Heller....

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

Well done, still worth keeping eye on Creative models site, unless they have now cleared all the old stock.

Haven't bought from this seller but I see he dosn't post to the Highlands, (or several other places) not that my home Moray is actually in the Highlands it is usually included as such, but very dissapointing practice all the same and one hopefully the MSP's will get sorted before too long.

Enjoy building.

Cheers

Chris

15 hours ago, chrisov said:

Well done, still worth keeping eye on Creative models site, unless they have now cleared all the old stock.

Haven't bought from this seller but I see he dosn't post to the Highlands, (or several other places) not that my home Moray is actually in the Highlands it is usually included as such, but very dissapointing practice all the same and one hopefully the MSP's will get sorted before too long.

Enjoy building.

Cheers

Chris

You have to laugh at someone who will post worldwide except large areas of his own country.

• Like 1

On 2-2-2018 at 10:32 AM, Giorgio N said:

The latest Heller kit I bought was a Viggen in mid 2017, I assume this is the current issue as the box is identical to the one shown on the Heller website

https://www.heller.fr/en/scale-military-airplanes-model-classic/50-ja-37-jaktviggen-3279510000000.html

The decals in this are pretty poor, being seriously off-register. Only very few stencils are supplied and everything is very little detailed, with the unit insignia being very approximate. Really this will need an aftermarket sheet

The decal sheet with the current boxing of the F-84G OTOH is superb. Very detailed and well printed. The box is worth buying just for the decals.

• 4 weeks later...

So does anyone have an idea when the Connie's will be released?

Guy