BAe Harrier GR7 Revell 1/48

BAe Harrier GR.7

No.1 Squadron - Royal Air Force - Bardufoss Air Station (Ex. Snow Falcon) 2004

1/48 Revell

With the vast majority of recent RAF aircraft adorning not so attractive grey on grey schemes, non standard schemes tend to catch the eye. Whilst going through my Dad's images from the early 2000's there are a number of images of white winter camo Jaguar's, Tornados and a few Harriers. Cue a project that I am glad to say I am one model into, recreate a series of winter deployment camo aircraft! 

The first of which comes from Revell's rebox of the Hasegawa GR7/9 kit. Marked as a 1 Squadron aircraft from the final Harrier deployment to Bardufoss, Norway for Exercise Snow Falcon '04 the aircraft has been finished in the state a lot of my reference shots show during the deployment. 

Decals were provided by the Model Alliance "Harriers: The First Ten Years" 48-102 and the cockpit was replaced with the Aires GR7 cockpit, annoyingly the canopy fogged a little whilst trying to attach it and so the interior is somewhat obscured, but I am going to play it off as it's cold in Norway and the canopy has glazed over a little ;)

Onto the images;

25026271587_90da282d4f_b.jpg

26024895488_454fc82616_b.jpg

39187187534_e7732a4c08_b.jpg

39187187194_caf16592ca_b.jpg

39187184154_110f62c10f_b.jpg

38998710005_a1d9bc1c8e_b.jpg

Thanks for looking and expect a WIP for the next RAF Winter camouflaged jet at some point, but I'm yet to decide on Jaguar, Tornado or Buccaneer! 

Nick

• Like 66

My favorite GR.7 scheme - and very well done! Especially the lower side "dirt".

I will do one myself one day, but probably not up to this standard.

Nils

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2018 at 10:23 PM, NickThompson said:

Thanks for looking and expect a WIP for the next RAF Winter camouflaged jet at some point, but I'm yet to decide on Jaguar, Tornado or Buccaneer! 

Well done! Great work and camouflage! :clap:

.... Jaguar!! :dog:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the comments I really appreciate it.

On 06/02/2018 at 12:49 PM, matteo44 said:

.... Jaguar!! :dog:

On 06/02/2018 at 4:18 PM, NG899 said:

As for the next subject, it has to be a Jaguar with the snow leopard spots winter camo...

Jaguar it is!

That'd definitely be a challenge due to the very temporary whitewash thats applied over the original scheme, but I'd definitely consider it. Time to dig into my Dad's photo collection from Coltishall from the 90's and early 2000's for some reference material.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...