Airfix English Electric Canberra B(i).6 1/48

I picked this one up at a bargain price, the model is probably the biggest aircraft I've built to date. I had assumed it was one of Airfix's new tools, if that is the case it doesn't compare with other new tooled models I've built. This scale (1/48) is not my favorite scale, having said that this is the fifth one I've built, I find that any mistakes or problems are proportional to the scale and my modelling skills are sometimes found wanting! I also feel that with this scale you should have the knowledge and skill to enhance the model, as we see some wonderful examples of on this Forum.

It wasn't a bad model to build but the gaps at the wing roots were huge, I must have used a 1/3 of a tube of Humbrol filler just doing those.

It is a tail dragger, I think that's the term you use, but because I haven't got a shelf big enough for it, it will end up hanging from the ceiling in my mancave so I didn't want to pile in the weight.

It was painted using Tamiya acrylics, there are a few small paint blemishes but I can live with them.

Overall it was an enjoyable build, and I am quite pleased with the finished model, I look forward to your observations and criticisms.

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3940.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

My apologies for the poor staging and the quality of the pictures but it is a big model! Anyway off to start a sensible sized 1/72 scale Eurofighter. Watch this space.

• Like 33

Looks good to me! I was after one of these on eBay but gave up at £32! 

Canberras are always beautiful whatever scale, especially from this era. I've got one of her squadron mates in 1/72. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Looks good to me! I was after one of these on eBay but gave up at £32! 

Canberras are always beautiful whatever scale, especially from this era. I've got one of her squadron mates in 1/72. 

This one cost me £24 from Home Sense (T.K Max without the clothes). I agree it's a nice looking aircraft. I want to get a 1/72 and build it 'wheels up' which is my preferred way of displaying.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice rendition. She is a beauty... Look forward to seeing your 1/72 in flight effort when you get around to it.

I've recently finished one of the new S&M kits in that scale and thought it was great. Number two is in the paint shop now.

Well done on this one!

Wilks.

• 4 months later...