Yet another Nimrod

As it says in the original post. Halfords Enamel Aerosol Camoflague range 'Khaki'. Its a really flat matt, so it needs some gloss coat before even attempting decals. The kit decals have a habit if silvering even on a good gloss. Finished with a light coat of Games Workshop Purity Seal.

A tip. get some of these from poundland: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-pairs-3M-1100-foam-ear-plugs-disposable-uncorded-individual-bags-100-plugs/252528500238?hash=item3acbdf1e0e:g:isMAAOSwVm5ZAOJr

Paint your engine fronts and as much of the intake as you need silver. Then stuff four of these up the intakes. Spray the grey, then pull them forward with tweezers, and spray the Hemp. ;)

• Like 1

Great idea using earplugs - I've been stuffing blu-tack in jetpipes and intakes!

I've never used a gloss coat or any seals though, I just spray as it comes from the can, that's why it takes me ages to find the right one, as I look for satins. One spray coat with associated smells, etc is enough! I didn't know hemp and khaki were the same colour though, thanks for the info. Does no-one do satin hemp/khaki spray?

That's a great looking example. You don't see many of these anymore now, always wanted to do an R1 or AEW3 why did I sell on the  kit and conversion set. They'll be a flurry of them now just you watch.👌

Hello,

Great looking Nimrod !

Nice job with the spray cans... Not yet tried colour cans.

Congratulations,

Is this a 1/72 kit ? And is there any kit of the super big nosed Nimrod ?

Will be fun to have that one beside your !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Great idea using earplugs - I've been stuffing blu-tack in jetpipes and intakes!

I've never used a gloss coat or any seals though, I just spray as it comes from the can, that's why it takes me ages to find the right one, as I look for satins. One spray coat with associated smells, etc is enough! I didn't know hemp and khaki were the same colour though, thanks for the info. Does no-one do satin hemp/khaki spray?

I spray outdoors, so no problems with the smell. Nobody does satin or gloss Hemp in a spray can. Halfords do a clear gloss spray if you don't have any Klear, or Lakeland Quickshine. Self levelling with a broad flat brush.

22 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello,

Great looking Nimrod !

Nice job with the spray cans... Not yet tried colour cans.

Congratulations,

Is this a 1/72 kit ? And is there any kit of the super big nosed Nimrod ?

Will be fun to have that one beside your !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

It is the Airfix 1/72 kit OOB. There is a conversion set for the AEW version. Originally by Cammett. You will have to search for it as it's OOP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1