1/35 Dragon Sand Skirts for Sherma III

TeeELL

OK, I have started a new thread to highlight the way of getting the PE sand skirts on the Dragon Sherman III positioned correctly.  In the first instance, the instructions leave a great deal to be desired and, as I have found, it is all too easy to end-up with things out of position.

If you follow these steps you will avoid the pitfalls:

It is important to work from the rear of the tank forward.

1.  Construct parts MA7 and MA1.

2.  Position part MA11 on the side of the tank and lightly scribe along the top section (this will give a reference line 2mm above the base of the plastic side).  Repeat with part MA5 on starboard side.

3.  Position part MA7 such that the top aligns with the scribed mark, scribe a vertical line at the forward edge.  Repeat with part MA1.

4.  Position MA11 such that the forward edge aligns with the vertical scribed line - now the easy part!!  Glue in place.  Repeat with MA5.

5.  Now place MA9 and then MA3 in line such that they butt up to their respective MA11 and MA5.

6.  Repeat the above with parts MA10 and MA4.

Having completed the above you now have a fighting chance of lining up parts MA7, MA8 and MA12 port side (MA1, MA2 & MA6 stbd side) along the previously fitted PE.  Again, start from the rear and work forward.

WARNING:  Before fitting MA12 and MA6 you need to fiddle around with MA20 and MA21 to ensure they sit and join properly,  two pairs of hand are particularly helpful at this stage.

I hope this is helpful as I didn't do this and things are OK but do not quite line up.  See my build thread.

MODERATORS:  If this thread is in the wrong place then please move accordingly.

• Thanks 1

• Ozzy pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Despite being an M4 Shermanolic, I admire the perseverance of modellers who tackle the likes of Dragon p/e sand shields and Bronco tracks! You are commended for your dedication as I simply haven’t the desire or patience! Thank you for posting this tutorial.