1/72 Convair YF-102 Prototype - Nostalgic Plastic

Hello folks,

Introducing my first completed build of 2018, the 1/72 Nostalgic Plastic resin rendition of the Convair YF-102 prototype. It was a chore and a challenge, and had languished to become a shelf queen for a long while. In fact, the build thread for it is over in ARC's "Shelf Queens II" Group Build:  YF-102 Build Thread

Some of my problems with this kit, as well as crying and gnashing of teeth, may be found there.

But, here are the pics:

2v2JJkzLMxfzdhW.jpg

2v2JJkzn3xfzdhW.jpg

2v2JJkzFUxfzdhW.jpg

2v2JJkzyuxfzdhW.jpg

2v2JJkz5JxfzdhW.jpg

2v2JJkzroxfzdhW.jpg

2v2JJkzj2xfzdhW.jpg

Now, if someone would come out with a good plastic version!

Ed

• Like 20

It's fantastic !

Here you really can see that the operational Delta Dagger really had not a lot to do with its prototype.

Very interesting post, because a lot of people think that the prototype and the the series aircraft are approximately the same.

Great job !!!

JohnR!

Save your pennies and get it!  I paid far more for this on in a bidding war on E-bay, but I was glad to get it!  Sadly, a lot of the resin fighter-sized kits are in that price bracket today. The exact same molding were selling under $50.00 just a few years back...

Ed

Beautifully done.

With the benefit of hindsight, isn't it amazing this blunt object refused to go supersonic B)? When one compares it with the production F-102 and the F-106, there is a remarkable refinement down the line.

Cheers,

Wlad