Airfix Hawker Seahawk 1/72

Latest model finished off the shelf of doom. No.738 Naval Air Sqn "Red Devils" Hawker Sea Hawk. Old 1.72 Airfix kit, Airfix should really be ashamed to still sell this. Not a great kit but finished off OK. 

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

• Like 23

Very well presented and nicely finished there Julien. 

I agree that this kit is well past its used by date, however you've managed to do her justice non the less. 

I probably shouldn't ask about the canopy? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Dave,

i did the canopy presentation model,style as all you get for a cockpit in the kit is a poilot sat on a peg, no tub, seat IP or anything!

thx for the comments.

Julien

Lovely rendition Julien, nicely presented. I built exactly the same scheme and kit some 15 years ago, and used an Airwaves set and a lot of fiddly-bits to enhance the basic kit - talk about casting silk purses at sow's ears!! ANd now ew have the lovely Trumpeter and SH kits to drool over - must get them done some time.

Hi Julien,

this looks really dynamic. I like it!

In my book one of the two most beautiful airplanes built in the Perfidious Albion, along with the Hunter!

Great show!

JR

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Not familiar with the kit but it looks great to my eye :goodjob:

Probably best to stay that way. The kit dates from about 1960 and has not worn well. No interior to speak of and very crude undercarriage, the main wheels look a bit like shirt buttons. Julien has done a fantastic job. I took the easy way and built the Hobbyboss kit

• Like 1

Very nice Julien.

Actually the first aircraft I can remember from HMS Fulmar..must have been the red that left the image.

A couple of them stayed in the red colours  with code numbers for the unit applied for a while after the team disbanded. 

Unfortunately I have never seen a picture of them as such.

I find your Seahawk looks like a beautiful desktop model, it's very dynamic and very aesthetic, it looks as it is perfect to me?

.The opaque canopy is absolutely no problem for me.

But why should Airfix be ashamed to sell this model, first issued in the early sixties?

Nobody has to buy it, nobody is obliged to buy it, I think you don't get a knife on your throat to oblige you to buy this model, do you?

So please be normal and please look in advance what you will buy. Internet DOES give a lot of advices, please read them.

Thank you very much. Polo.

1 hour ago, polo1112 said:

I find your Seahawk looks like a beautiful desktop model, it's very dynamic and very aesthetic, it looks as it is perfect to me?

.The opaque canopy is absolutely no problem for me.

But why should Airfix be ashamed to sell this model, first issued in the early sixties?

Nobody has to buy it, nobody is obliged to buy it, I think you don't get a knife on your throat to oblige you to buy this model, do you?

So please be normal and please look in advance what you will buy. Internet DOES give a lot of advices, please read them.

Thank you very much. Polo.

Not for me I knew what was in the box, Unsuspecting buyers in a shop might not tho.

On 23/01/2018 at 23:54, Julien said:

Airfix should really be ashamed to still sell this.

You still managed to make a decent fist of it though :)

I built this kit with Boyo some months back, and agricultural doesn't begin to cover it :S

• Like 1