1/48 Harvard

canberra kid

No, it is a different photo.  If you wanted to use the Italeri.kit for EX405 you'd need a new canopy  and to modify the fuselage to fit.  You might have to do some work on the exhaust as I expect (don't know) the italeri kit to have the long exhaust.  Better to start with the Monogram kit for EX405.

Depending on how pedantic (accurate?!) you want to be John, there are other more subtle factors such as the position of the navigation lights which are on the end of the wings on T-6s but slightly inboard on the upper and lower wing surfaces on the Harvard.

Max

AFAIK, the Monogram/Revell kit represents an early AT6-C/SNJ. The Ocidental kit is a late T6G, but at some point they offered a Harvard, with long exhaust and modified rear canopy. Further boxings by Italeri and Heller were a mixed bag of both Ocidental offerings, with both early and late style canopy, long exhaust and so...but the position/tail lights wern't modified, so they are right for a T6G, but not for an early T6C/D, thus, not right for a Harvard II, but correct for a Harvard IV. To make things even more complicated, Italeri offers two different references...

This one, a T6G OOB, with no long exhaust or early canopy inluded...

italeri2652reviewme_1.jpg

This is the Heller issue of the Ocidental kit...comes with both types of canopies, but not the rear section for a Harvard....According to Heller, you could build both an early C and a later G from the same boxing...not so right, there are more differences  than just a canopy and a propeller hub...

Resultado de imagen de Heller Texan 1/48

This second Italeri one, with right rear canopy and long exhaust included...

italeri-148-2736-north-american-harvard-mk-ll-a-t-6-texan-D_NQ_NP_101511-MLA20553683538_012016-F.jpg

Here you are the original Ocidental Réplicas T6G: the first Italeri offering.

123478-11185-18-pristine.jpg

And the hard to find original  Harvard....(actually the second Italeri offering).

153592-11814-pristine.jpg

Edited by Artie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

I've ordered the Italeri Harvard II a

Not a good idea at all, John......You should had better ordered a FEW of them...the most difficult part when building a Harvard/Texan, is deciding WICH ONE to build.....

Cheers....

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Artie said:

Not a good idea at all, John......You should had better ordered a FEW of them...the most difficult part when building a Harvard/Texan, is deciding WICH ONE to build.....

Cheers....

Well not too hard this time as I only really have two options to go for but I know exactly what you meen, having built 60+ Canberra's with no end in sight 😊

John

Edited by canberra kid

3 minutes ago, Artie said:

Needless to say, John, the T6 Texan is my all time favourite plane...I know I'm not impartial when it's all about "cabezones" (Bigheaded), as they were called in Spain.

Cheers..

I can fully understand your interest, it is a very interesting aircraft with a long and varied history.

John