Corsair ?? Buccaneer ?? What else ? Early pirate !!

I started this, I first told the banan jet that it would'nt hurt (Obvious lie)

Then I take a good sip of blue Chimay as an Anaesthesic and CUT !!

41143970791_05c565188c_b.jpg

Do you 'now the way to uganda ??? There will be some filling, sanding and reshaping.

Did I mention putty and sanding ??

41143970811_54235bf2f7_b.jpg

I checked the book and the intake is now at its right place regarding the cockpit !

41143970781_cc4e7f22e8_b.jpg

BUT NOW :evil_laugh:

Came the Pen nib fairing :fight::fight:

39334792410_bed3aa68f6_b.jpg

Must a lot shorter and a HUGE lot thinner !

Let me know what you think about Gents.

I think to cut the whole thing following the joint of the fuselage and the joint of the flaps

Then reshape it to have a steeper side on the upper part... Sound the best if not only way to act !!

I think about  sanding it but that will induce me in glueing some plasticard (or resin) on the inside !

Whatever ! that will be fun !!

• Like 3

To finish for today, a more positive note

Ejection seats OK !

41143970761_5c4860b7eb_b.jpg

The yellow one will be for the S.1

41143969111_9e322712e5_b.jpg

Sink marks on the cushion Tsk tsk tsk !

Well now a funny note !!

In searching for a compressor, I found this !

40432274764_31a73ac4e8_b.jpg

Holy Molly !! How will that jet engine running ???

A little bit shaky ?? No ??

That from a F-86 Sabre, must say that there is may be a problem ??

Soooo Dear Gents, I'm now doing like Chrissie Hynde do

Have an Happy easter you all !

Enjoy !! and take care, as usual !

Loft forbidden for our Dear Alien !

sincerely.

CC

• Like 5

Watching with interest as my next build is this Buccaneer.  Was considering doing an S.1, but not so sure now!

Don't forget to add canopy breakers to the top of your yellow seat.

I actually think the kit seats are pretty reasonable

• Like 1

If you plank the sides of the holes it will not be too bad when you attack it with Milliput

Do be careful about the height of the intake, it might be higher than you think

Nice seats too, the yellowy ones

As James says don't forget a little pointy bit at the corner's to break the canopy when your little guys eject

I'm going to add them to mine with little dabs of cyano and PVA mix, it 'points up' nicely with tweezers, then it can be trimmed afterwards then a dab of paint to finish

I have given up looking for Gyron J compressor faces, they're a very complex thing

Tiny blades and several bracing bars that you can see inside

inside I'll be at the bar trying your Chimay!

If I like it do make sure to keeps it in stock

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

Watching with interest as my next build is this Buccaneer.  Was considering doing an S.1, but not so sure now!

Don't forget to add canopy breakers to the top of your yellow seat.

I actually think the kit seats are pretty reasonable

Sure, but the S.1 have early Mk4 bang seat, I have to add handles and some better seatbelts.

A S.1 is a funny ride..... :banghead:

Sincerely.

CC

6 minutes ago, perdu said:

If you plank the sides of the holes it will not be too bad when you attack it with Milliput

Do be careful about the height of the intake, it might be higher than you think

Nice seats too, the yellowy ones

As James says don't forget a little pointy bit at the corner's to break the canopy when your little guys eject

I'm going to add them to mine with little dabs of cyano and PVA mix, it 'points up' nicely with tweezers, then it can be trimmed afterwards then a dab of paint to finish

I have given up looking for Gyron J compressor faces, they're a very complex thing

Tiny blades and several bracing bars that you can see inside

inside I'll be at the bar trying your Chimay!

If I like it do make sure to keeps it in stock

Yek yek yek ! Ask our Dear Alien,

When I came in Telford, I was not empty handed.... There was a private bar in the middle of the alley :evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

I'am a bit hesitating about the height of the intakes, but if I put it higher, I will have a bit of a bug for the lower part...

Then I wonder about the exhaust, if the drawing in my book are right, the jet pipe seem to be looking down and a bit toward the exterior...

Also look that way on the photos...

Will be trickier too...

Evening modelling today, With a triple Maredsous !

Thanks for the tips !

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

Its funny but in that meeting you were one of the guys I didn't get the names of and I'm sure you were just to the left of me, near Tony the Baron

I also didn't notice the private bar, see must do better this year, right?

If you look at the head on picture of my Frog one you can see it is a bit higher than you would expect for the intake position

I know you are going to be fine, roadside assistance rocks...

đŸ˜‡

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Its funny but in that meeting you were one of the guys I didn't get the names of and I'm sure you were just to the left of me, near Tony the Baron

I also didn't notice the private bar, see must do better this year, right?

If you look at the head on picture of my Frog one you can see it is a bit higher than you would expect for the intake position

I know you are going to be fine, roadside assistance rocks...

đŸ˜‡

Sure it rock !

5 more under my belt and again 230kms !

Still towing with the delightfull AA type VRS !

I will check the intake position, Whatever nothing is glued yet

First the innards and the .357 Gyron Junior !

For me, it will be SMW 2019 unless I win at the lottery !

But in this case..... It will be Beer truck with bunnies ! and chocolates for Giorgio !

At SMW 2017, I strolled everywhere, looking for some BM badges... But I find an alien and a General !

What was a gag is that we drank some belgian beers just in front of a Belgian stand....

And they just not ask who we are or something, complete disdain...  :huh:

May be were we too loud for them, with the Martian, no doubt that we were phylosophically at the top ! :evil_laugh:

We were near the Bomber command SIG tables !

Both days in fact ! I did'nt shhot all my ammos on the same day ! 

t'was fun !

Hi there

Well I'm just in a middle of my return to the active hobby modeling (meaning learning again how to do models) so I have what I called the Buccaneer Mid Life crisis, but in 1/72 scale as 9 want to do about 12 buccaneers including the elusive S1

In 1/72 scale we have this

Image result for buccaneer s1 conversion

And that conversion include not only the intake but the jet exhaust, so I wonder if you also need something else

Best modeling 

Armando

• Thanks 1

Hello Armando !

You're welcome !

Come on and join the band of the happy Buccaneers !

Waiter ! Give some rum to this man ! Ahoyyy !

Very good resin kit, a good thing to start with !

Have a look at @perdu's thread about Buccaneers Great lot of stuff and modelling skill !

will give you the link if necessary ! And it's at 1/72 scale !

Look Gents,

This one is really tempting too !

40432274744_5ea1c7cf7b_b.jpg

4 Bullpups ! look really mean that way !

Sincerely.

CC

Hi Armando, and you CC

That lovely Bucc up there, Are you going to do the wingtip cameras too?

That picture show the smaller exhaust pen nibs quite nicely too doesnt it

Guess who has a few Bullpups in a box over there?

yes it's me hurrah

Just noticed the compressor face on the resin bits, just a bit tempting if I was doing it again

I'm not, this is enough S1s  :)

I will see you at SMW2019 CC have no fear

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Sure, but the S.1 have early Mk4 bang seat, I have to add handles and some better seatbelts.

A S.1 is a funny ride..... :banghead:

Sincerely.

CC

Absolutely CC, from at least Nov 1962 it was the Mk4 MSA Mk3 which had the canopy breakers.

Will try and post a photo in a bit.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2018 at 2:59 PM, corsaircorp said:

39334792410_bed3aa68f6_b.jpg

I think about  sanding it but that will induce me in glueing some plasticard (or resin) on the inside !

Whatever ! that will be fun !!

I ended up joining the fuselage* then taking to the area with filler and files!

What I'd suggest is adding the exhausts (all the parts you show in your photo above), cleaning everything up so you are happy with it and then inserting the engine tailpipes via the intake ducts (don't fix these inlets in place until then!) using a long stick to guide them into place.

Mine have come out as shown in signature linky thing below.

* Which nutter decided to put a horizontal fuselage join on this kit? A vertical join would have resulted in far less seams to clean up and a much nicer finish to the aft area & also the nose.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, hairystick said:

* Which nutter decided to put a horizontal fuselage join on this kit? A vertical join would have resulted in far less seams to clean up and a much nicer finish to the aft area & also the nose.

I think when you take into the consideration the double bulge of the engine nacelles against the fuselage that the split horizontally way was the most practical of making the molds, of course moldings of that size in 48th led to a whole heap of other fit issues!

Matchbox seem to have been the only ones brave enough to mold the engine nacelles seperatly and split the fuselage vertically.

Corsaicorp hope this helps, this illustration is from the Nov 1962 S.1 manual,

27305493148_d2ddeac975_o.jpgBuccaneer S.1 4MSA Mk3 ejection seats Nov 1962 by James Thomas, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

I think when you take into the consideration the double bulge of the engine nacelles against the fuselage that the split horizontally way was the most practical of making the molds, of course moldings of that size in 48th led to a whole heap of other fit issues!

Matchbox seem to have been the only ones brave enough to mold the engine nacelles seperatly and split the fuselage vertically.

27305493148_d2ddeac975_o.jpgBuccaneer S.1 4MSA Mk3 ejection seats Nov 1962 by James Thomas, on Flickr

Thanks James,

Sure it would ! This evening will be spent in between my next 3 RFI's

And another nice kit aka my Hurricane projector F6F, don't know yet.

Thank for the help !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Not a worry James, it seems I have a hybrid based on Sea Vixen seats

What would help is any picture of that seat with its upholstery aboard

I can hybridise the ones I sent to Massimo with the ones based on the Sea Vixen ones I have

No problem if I can come up with a definitive S1 seat (early)

I may get away with adding leg shields as well as the batman ears

:)

• Like 1

MB ejection seat marks are a minefield and it doesn't help that different aircraft have apparently the same Mk seats but actually they are very different.

There is very little physical resemblance between the Vixen and Bucc seats, and even the Vixen seats themselves changed quite a bit over the service life of the aircraft.

For the purpose of dressing the seats these might be handy, they are a further development again, but pre the large fibreglass parachute pack of the main type of seats that you see on S.2s.

http://martin-baker.com/products/mk6-ejection-seat/

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/492018328026000967/

On 4/2/2018 at 2:32 AM, 71chally said:

The matchbox approach is far better!

Is that the front or rear seat? I can never remember which one has the splayed out seat-pan canopy breakers.

And finally, here I'm back,

Cutting a plastic disc on the right diameter !

41194179981_a2789ccd59_b.jpg

Then glue the bullet !

41194179931_f051dae1c7_b.jpg

Then the 3 air reactors...

Wondering about making a second or taking a mould ??

With the 2 bullet plus a 3rd in the nose, she would'nt be a tail sitter indeed !!

More to come soon, tomorrow, it will be sprayin'...

Have a very good modelling time !

sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/22/2018 at 11:38 PM, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears,

Just say forget about the Brown sauce because I used to hear "Rum and Brown sauce, you know how to party !!"

never noticed it before, but yes ! it's made in the Netherlands :blink::blink:

Incredible ! It's almost impossible to buy it in Belgium :blink:

Lea & Perrins.. The best Worcesteshire saus ever, but became also hard to find !!

We now can find some pretty tasty lemon curl, orange marmelade is now a belgian classic !

Global village... But I still must cross the channel for havin' my favourite rum !

I do not need Rum to be eager to cross the channel !! must be said !!

I'm going to work in the cold january rain ! fixing cars on the roadside...

Have a nice modelling day !

Sincerely.

CC

One of the biggest cooking issues that happen here in forgotten by God modeling country of mine, located down the border in middle of Banana Republics is that we use this

Image result for lea and perrins

But not in kitchen but in the table

Ok not into Rum everyday but let me say at least one for you all guys

Armando

PS I'm a 1/72 scale modeller and my in progress Buccaneer fleet is made for at least 6 Matchbox, 2 Frogs and 3 Airfixes

Then goes RN one complete XDSG and one XDSG with white underside (that's the S1) another S1 full white

Then one SAAF

Then goes the RAF assembled and in paint process one at Norway, one at Red Flag, one mid 70 so 3 color scheme, one wrap around with se eagles, now one at Desert Storm but want more

I'll try to post a photo of all them

• Like 3

-I really enjoy your post, inspiring job underlined by superb Belgian humor........All of this deserve a shot of  my so called famed "holy water"; I will begin brewing the 2108 breed soon so it will be ready in time for Alien Corner's private bar  in November.........

• Thanks 2