Meng T-34 (31/01/18 Finished )

ScanmanDan

Just had to get this one.  And yes, I rushed to start it right away because I am emotionally four years old  smile.png

I had to make a copy of the spoked wheel as the kit only gives you two and the plain one looks awful.  That soaked up most of yesterday but I'm pretty pleased with the way the replacements came out.  I do want to bash some better wheel hugs though.

Today was about adding little details and fixing things I didn't like about the kit.  I cut down the cupola's as they were really high and weird looking, ( though it looks as if the T-34 did have one on the commanders side sometimes) and added vision slits and some styrene do-dads with more to come.  I just lopped off the kit barrel and used a bit of Aluminium tube, much better than the blunderbuss the kit came with.  The engine deck with it's mesh cover took a while to make but look a bit better but will probably end up under stowage.

Track are always a bit of a pain with these kits.  So I am slowly going through my kits to see if I can steal some tracks but nothing looks right so I might have to get some aftermarket ones.  Having a blast as I dearly love these little critters.  

Progress;

Cute%20T%2034%2001-L.jpg

Cute%20T%2034%2002-L.jpg

Having a great time and looking forward to getting the new Panzer III : D

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 1

Progress is fast as I really enjoy getting to the workbench.

Cute%20T%2034%2004-L.jpg

Cute%20T%2034%2003-L.jpg

Cleaning up seams and adding details.  The turrets just about finished(maybe some texture?)  I thinned the fenders, added lifting hooks added some weld beads to the tanks and scratched up a tool box.  A few more do-dads but not much.  Hardest part will be the horn shaped towing hooks that the Russian tanks all seem to have.

Thanks for looking in and if you have any ideas for bits I can add let me know.

Dan

Progress;

About ready for the paint shop.  I could just keep mucking with this but that would be counter productive.  Onwards to infinity!!!

Cute%20T%2034%2005-L.jpg

Cute%20T%2034%2006-L.jpg

Cute%20T%2034%2007-L.jpg

I have to work out some tracks for this little critter as the workable ones I bought are just too big, argh!:hmmm: 

I think a bit of winter white wash using the hairspray method may be the ticket.  

Thanks for looking in.

Dan