Nakajima Type 97 KATE B5N2 ( Hasegawa)

Hi folks
Nakajima Type 97 KATE B5N2 Japanese Carrier Torpedo Bomber kit is from Hasegawa a rebox of Mania tooling of 70s, but then being dated doesn't mean it is bad, it is sophisticated and holds up till now. Instructions were simple and construction was smooth, just that it needs little filler near the wings. I used Humbrol and Tamiya for the paints.
I rendered the aircraft with heavy chipping to show it has extensive service.
Hope it has turned out ok.

Thanks

DSC_5169.jpg

DSC_5170.jpg

DSC_5172.jpg

DSC_5173.jpg

DSC_5175.jpg

DSC_5176.jpg

DSC_5178.jpg

DSC_5180.jpg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

tomthounaojam,

EXCELLENT Build with super weathered and scuffed look. 

it is VERY IMPRESSIVE to look at and liked it a lot.

KUDOS on a great looking Model.:yikes::clap::mike:

Hello Houston,

That you very much, really appreciate those kind words, learned many tips and tricks from this forum, my improvements are attributed to many contributors here.

Cheers

Great show! This model does really look Japanese. OK, that doesn't sound good, but I know what I mean!

Two small points: put some mat varnish on the tires; as well,  when the paint has chipped away so should some of the decals that lie on top. You've done it well on the wings, but fuselage Hinomaru and tail code should have suffered too.

Anyway, that is just me being a pain.

Well done

JR

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Wow Is right :goodjob: ... Excellent job on the paint & weathering ! Then again i expect no less, your work never disappoints.  

Thank you Mate, really appreciate the kind words encourage me to do better. Cheers

7 hours ago, jean said:

Great show! This model does really look Japanese. OK, that doesn't sound good, but I know what I mean!

Two small points: put some mat varnish on the tires; as well,  when the paint has chipped away so should some of the decals that lie on top. You've done it well on the wings, but fuselage Hinomaru and tail code should have suffered too.

Anyway, that is just me being a pain.

Well done

JR

Jr, really appreciate pointing it out to me and am gonna correct this weekend, am still learning and every advice you share with me really mean a lot. Not at all, please do in future as well, that is how am gonna learn and make better model next time. Cheers, and Thank you.

5 hours ago, clive_t said:

Nicely done sir :thumbsup2:

Thank you Sir, cheers