This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Beardie

More Pet Hates grumble grumble grumble

10 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Oh NO! Next thing 'll be supermarket traffic squad...............................:fuhrer:

And then coppers with radar guns hiding behind the cat food ...

10 hours ago, Gorby said:

Dunchurch is where the posh people of Rugby want to live.

No we don't !  :P

29 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

8 pages of various rants about the Airfix Sea Fury :whistle:

Oh oh, Scimitar's mixing his threads, rather than his metaphors!

You Sir are being VERY naughty! :rofl2:

18 minutes ago, IanHx said:

No we don't !  :P

Gorby, we now know WHO dresses the Dunchurch statue!

Got to be Leicester Road or Brownsover :whistle:

Paul

5 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Oh oh, Scimitar's mixing his threads, rather than his metaphors!

You Sir are being VERY naughty! :rofl2:

Some say I am a :poop:stirrer,I call it stimulating debate :angrysoapbox.sml:

(I couldn't find an innocent looking smiley thingy)

6 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Gorby, we now know WHO dresses the Dunchurch statue!

Got to be Leicester Road or Brownsover :whistle:

Paul

Guess again....     only statue I know of round here is that one in Cov of some show-off on horseback who claimed she had literally nothing to wear....

4 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Ok then. People who stop at traffic lights but don’t use their handbrake so blind the person behind them ie me, with their brake light.

Trevor

I think that's particularly prevalent in the US because of the almost universal use of of automatic drive. Me? I always hear my old driving Instructor. When stopped, put it in  neutral and apply the handbrake. If I cut a corner I feel a virtual punch in my arm from her. She's with me every time I drive. She was a great driving Instructor and fashion guru but that's another story.

Edited by noelh

2 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Guess again....     only statue I know of round here is that one in Cov of some show-off on horseback who claimed she had literally nothing to wear....

Statue, BIG thing, on top of a plinth, opposite the Dun Cow,

A45 runs left to right about 6 yards to it's front! :whistle:

3 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

That phrase in the BM for sale thread 

'  ..... UK only  ... '

cheers

jerry

Well you know Brexit! Soon we'll all be asked to leave. Stealing models from locals. :worry:

2 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Statue, BIG thing, on top of a plinth, opposite the Dun Cow,

A45 runs left to right about 6 yards to it's front! :whistle:

We have something similar, a now obscure priest hailing a Taxi. Every weekend he ends up wearing a traffic cone. There's another annoying thing, statues of priests and gunmen. Ugh! At least the pigeons make their feelings clear.

9 hours ago, hairystick said:

I'm left perplexed with the winter olympic snowboarding events.

Most competitions "anywhere" require the person to wear clothing which allows them to go faster / reduce wind resistance / etc. So why do snowboarders wear a blimmin' anorak with a massive hood attached?:o

I think it's to help them slow down and give them movment to do their stunts,if they wore the same as skiers or speed skaters they probably wouldn't have any control...There's another one where skiers go over lots of bumps and wear baggy clothes,that's the same reason and the black patches on the knees help judges tell how they control the knees...

Edited by Vince1159

15 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Ok then. People who stop at traffic lights but don’t use their handbrake so blind the person behind them ie me, with their brake light.

Trevor

Drivers who pull over to their right hand side of the road and stop at night, facing oncoming traffic, perhaps to pick up or drop off someone, but do not switch off their headlights.

Drivers (who are invariably in Vauxhall Corsas) overtaking me, even though I'm doing 30 in a 30 zone.

Drivers who insist on driving at 40mph in a National (and therefore holding me up because I'm doing the speed limit - Well, I was) who then carry on driving through villages at 40 when I've slowed down to 30mph because it's, you know, the speed limit...

IanJ

Drivers who slow down to 5mph/10kmh below the limit, when their speedometers will be over-reading anyway.

17 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Drivers who slow down to 5mph/10kmh below the limit, when their speedometers will be over-reading anyway.

......and there is no opportunity to overtake.

Trevor

11 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Writing 'loaves' and someone asks you "wassat mean?"...

Have you encountered an idiot today Vince?

1. Current 'pet' hate is the owner of a dog who allows it to poo in my drive around my car. Here all dogs have to be on a leash at all times when in public and poo cleared up by owners. This has been going on for months; time I visited the council dog warden

2. Plumbers who don't show up. Emergency work on my plumbing, but it takes Carillion a week to schedule work then plumber never turns up. Wasted a day waiting for him, could do nothing but sit and read as I had water turned off and rooms cleared for access to pipework

35 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

2. Plumbers who don't show up. Emergency work on my plumbing, but it takes Carillion a week to schedule work then plumber never turns up. Wasted a day waiting for him, could do nothing but sit and read as I had water turned off and rooms cleared for access to pipework

Bill them for your time that was wasted.

Trevor

the last bus not turning up, with a weeks  shopping,  daughter in tow (who only came as it's half term and could pick stuff),  rain slinging down and  because of rain and valentines day ,  soonest  cab would be 40 minutes, (tried 4 companies)  after already waiting for 25 minutes....  the bus is often late,  but turns up....  

In the end called a mate on the off chance,  who was able to give lift fortunately.

I suspect  we are at the end of this bus companies era with the contract,    which is always good for this kind of shenanigans..

A company IT system,which despite me having permission for personal use,blocks all the photographs on BM, then reports me for accessing prohibited material.

Troy!

I was a sufferer of a semi rural bus service for years. I was at the end of the route and was part of an ‘early warning system’ of other passengers who would alert by text if  they got on the bus and noticed if I and other passengers weren’t  on it.

Armed with this evidence I became an expert in the ‘I am angry’ letter. Free ride tickets would be offered, but I and others complained so often the bribes dried up.

If you are a regular bus user, I would suggest complaining to the local transport authority committee. Many rural routes have a subsidy element and if the bus company ‘cheats’ they take a dim view and may think twice about subsidising them and not award contracts for other subsidised services. Tell the bus company you’re doing it.

Trevor

I have to say that buses are a pet hate of mine. Haven't used them in years but, when I did, the experience was generally horrible. They were, without exception, a playground for obnoxious teenagers and transportation for local (soon to be) residents of the HM Hotel chain. All with no regulation whatsoever. Back in the days of the 'clippie' things were so much different.