This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Beardie

More Pet Hates grumble grumble grumble

6 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

What about us who drift the trolleys round the aisles like Ari Vatanen?

Inside and outside lanes any use (have to widen the isles though which'd involve cones)...

My local Morrisons has child size trolleys. You would think sometimes you were at a stock car stadium rather than a supermarket.

Curses?  Bah!  Amateurs!  All this Penguin and what I presume relates to 'He Who Must Not Be Named Because "Voldemort" Sounds Damn Ridiculous, His Parents Must Have Hated Him, This Must Be Where From His Issues Stem'!

Cursing takes years of painstaking study and training.  As my ancestors used to say, to get on in life you really must make sacrifices.  And they should have known; they were Druids.

So, this for those throwing maledictions without due care and attention:

May thy beer turn sour even as thou dost quaff;

May the vinegar thence in thy cup flee as vapours, even as thou for some chips dost reach;

And may thy chips lie cold; yea, even soggy.

Now I'll just circumambulate myself and perhaps recite St Patrick's Lorica just in case of retaliation...

55 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

My local Morrisons has child size trolleys. You would think sometimes you were at a stock car stadium rather than a supermarket.

The local Food Halls are being turned into Morrisons Daily over here in 3 months or so,more fun to look forward to!...

Edited by Vince1159

1 hour ago, Chillidragon said:

May the vinegar thence in thy cup flee as vapours, even as thou for some chips dost reach;

And may thy chips lie cold; yea, even soggy.

Now I'll just circumambulate myself and perhaps recite St Patrick's Lorica just in case of retaliation...

Oooooooh you had to go chips... For the love of god man, there are women and children around! (sans trolleys) 

(Hasitly paging through Pogwyns Curses and Malefications for every occasion for a suitable response.... ) 

Aha!

May the chocolate chips in your cookies always turn out to be raisins :tease::shoot:

1 minute ago, MAD STEVE said:

Aha!

May the chocolate chips in your cookies always turn out to be raisins :tease::shoot:

Steve, would that be of the rabbit variety? :whistle:

8 minutes ago, Chillidragon said:

Feh! I love raisins!

Suddenly the grumble thread has gone all happy.

Call me the Manager I wish to complain! :P

Trevor Grumpy-Bloke

41 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Call me the Manager

OK - You are the Manager...

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Suddenly the grumble thread has gone all happy.

Call me the Manager I wish to complain! :P

Trevor Grumpy-Bloke

Another thing I hate: Thread drift:D

Edited by noelh

Noel, sorry mate can only give one 'like' your comment above deserves loads!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Paul

Ok then, would someone pleeeeeeease moan about something, I'm too old for this :) 

Just now, MAD STEVE said:

Ok then, would someone pleeeeeeease moan about something, I'm too old for this :) 

Ok then. People who stop at traffic lights but don’t use their handbrake so blind the person behind them ie me, with their brake light.

Trevor

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Kenilworth? :hmmm:........now there was me thinking it'd be 

Royal Leamington Spa, Southam or even Dunchurch,

after all, someone's got to dress the statue..........:wicked:

Back to cursing gents!!!!

Paul

I live in Kenilworth - up to a point.  It's the meeting point of Terenure, Rathgar and Harolds Cross in Dublin.

Edited by JosephLalor

16 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Ok then. People who stop at traffic lights but don’t use their handbrake so blind the person behind them ie me, with their brake light.

Trevor

The idiots who designed the electric handbrake, and placed the control down by the hood release cable. I would use the handbrake in traffic if I could easily/safely reach it. Mercedes are even worse, their's is foot operated, and you need 3 feet if you drive a manual.

4 hours ago, Chillidragon said:

Had to look that up I'm afraid.  I suspect I'd find it rather harder to learn off by heart than Three ha'pence a Foot.

Hi

That phrase in the BM for sale thread 

'  ..... UK only  ... '

cheers

jerry

14 minutes ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

That phrase in the BM for sale thread 

'  ..... UK only  ... '

cheers

jerry

Oh I agree there.... 

Ok, yes the postal service here in Africa's Bottom is a bit dodge, but when you offer to organize a courier and pay for everything up front, (transfered from a UK bank, I might add), and the seller still says no..... well. 

5 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

One of my pet hates and that’s from the parent’s perspective.

Like many things the kids’ trolleys are a great idea that doesn’t survive contact with the enemy. Taking the kids to the supermarket isn’t a good idea at the best of times but sometimes there’s no alternative and they do find having their own trolleys entertaining. The problem is that they find having their own trolleys entertaining.

They might want to put some of the shopping in their trolley. That’s helpful, in a way. But you spend most of the time telling them to watch where they’re going, slow down, not crash into people and from time to time you have to take your eyes off them to, you know, find what you’re looking for on the shelves and put it in your own trolley so you take your eyes off them for a second and before you know it they’re going for the world trolley speed record/in a different aisle/filling their trolley with stuff you don’t want and they sometimes don’t know what it is but toilet bleach sometimes comes in colourful bottles.

Thats what it’s like if you have one kid with a trolley. Two... I’ve tried to forget the experience... like herding cats. Backwards. On ice.

My advice to parents and other shoppers alike: If your supermarket introduces these kids trolleys, find another supermarket!

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

hood release cable.

Is that part of your anorak?

9 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Yes, it hangs on a hook beside my tin foil hat. :P

Mk 1 Ford Consuls had a chromed T handle under the dash embossed 'HOOD'. The convertible models (not the pretentious 'cabriolet') had a switch marked 'TOP' for retracting the electric roof.

21 hours ago, Scimitar said:

I'm left perplexed with the winter olympic snowboarding events.

Most competitions "anywhere" require the person to wear clothing which allows them to go faster / reduce wind resistance / etc. So why do snowboarders wear a blimmin' anorak with a massive hood attached?:o

The biathlon event... THAT is superbly watchable indeed! Get more of that on the telly instead of these 1-ball games that infest the screen!!!

8 pages of various rants about the Airfix Sea Fury :whistle: