Seafire MK XVII

Hi all,

here's my latest, the Airfix 1/48 Seafire MK XVII. good kit, just replaced the exhausts with resin once from Quickboost. I held back on the weathering as it is a trainer, and I assumed that they would be kept clean. (And my salt weathering didn't quite work out lol)

tLkb1CV.jpg

WaBnHSw.jpg

wnOzaCc.jpg

xNCHAEL.jpg

we6sfR6.jpg

Edited by Mmarchal
  • Like 37

On 1/20/2018 at 7:30 PM, Mmarchal said:

Hi all,

here's my latest, the Airfix 1/48 Seafire MK XVII. good kit, just replaced the exhausts with resin once from Quickboost. I held back on the weathering as it is a trainer, and I assumed that they would be kept clean. (And my salt weathering didn't quite work out lol)

tLkb1CV.jpg

WaBnHSw.jpg

wnOzaCc.jpg

xNCHAEL.jpg

we6sfR6.jpg

looks great, and why not straight out of the mu

• Like 1

On 21 January 2018 at 2:27 AM, Spitfire31 said:

Very proper Seafire indeed. It's refreshing to see a Spit/Seafire without blackened panel joints, worn props and chipped leading edges… ;-)

Excellent work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Absolutely right!

This looks 'right'.  I don' like seeing heavily emphasised panels on any model.  Exhaust stains, yes.  Heavy chipping on Japanese WW2 models, yes.  Scuff marks on wings adjacent to cockpits and gun bays yes.  But not over-worn props etc.  

Just my 0.5P worth.

Jonny

• Like 2

Aw man.  That looks fantastic.  Why won't Airfix do the decent thing and scale it down, just for me?  Anyway, great paint finish.  It really looks the part.  I've always wanted to build this particular colourful aircraft.

• Like 1