H builds a Chipmunk T10. FINISHED 😎

Joining in this GB with a good ol, Chippy T10. Have fond memories of pootling around the skies of Shawbury in one of these. Just looking at the cockpit I can smell the aircraft.Β 

Pictures to come.Β 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 2

Hooray chippie!, such fond memories. I've even got Hendon's WP962 in my log book, couldn't believe it when I saw a museum piece I'd actually flown in!!

• Like 2

Managed to get a few minutes tinkering time on this today. Engine cowling has been assembled & vents drilled out either side ( broke one of my micro drills. Bad juju) and I bare metal foiled one of the seats to give me a base to rub back to once the black is one. As I seem to remember your cushion was your parachute, but onlyΒ after the health & safety video. β€œJump Johnny Jump!”

Β 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 5

Awesome, did my AEFs from 77-79 so this really rings some bells. Did most of my flying out of Filton and one of my abiding memories is looking 'up' to see the Severn bridge as the Pilot rolled the aircraft.

Aerobatics were definitely my favourite.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Hadn't realised that you had gone down to the Chippy H. I like the Crown Information Film and the Magic Roundabout music. Great stuff buddy.

Chips & curry sauce twice dude?

Β 

Can’tΒ Β remember how many times I have seen that film. Β I don’t know what the modern day equivalent is like, but knowing the MOD it’s probably still this oneπŸ˜‚

• Like 1

WooHoo1 Congrats on the pass buddy. What is this AZ Chipmunk kit like? I might need to smuggle one in.Β 

Β 

@John D.C. Masters

Β 

On β€Ž30β€Ž/β€Ž01β€Ž/β€Ž2018 at 21:49, Hockeyboy76 said:

πŸ§₯πŸšͺ

After your poor Matt Black pun. :lol: The above emoticon means here is your coat and there is the door.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

WooHoo1 Congrats on the pass buddy. What is this AZ Chipmunk kit like? I might need to smuggle one in.

Β 

It’s got some good detail on the cockpit walls, but the fit is quite bad & the instructions can be a bit vague.Β Much dry fitting, sanding & filler needed, but some of that may be down to me.Β 

Go on you know you want one! I’m sure you can build a good chippy.Β 

• Thanks 1

On β€Ž03β€Ž/β€Ž02β€Ž/β€Ž2018 at 18:21, John D.C. Masters said:

Consider me gone...

Please stick around John, I am sure you can come up with worse puns than that one, and who knows you might get two coats next time around. We all know that two coats are useful when painting models.Β :winkgrin:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Please stick around John, I am sure you come up with worse puns than that one, and who knows you might get two coats next time around. We all know that two coats are useful when painting models.Β :winkgrin:

@John D.C. MastersΒ Your welcome to stay, as you can clearly see @nimrod54Β comes up with worse ones. I’m still trying to get him to use πŸ‘šas a primer before his second πŸ§₯.

Β πŸšͺπŸ˜‚

Fryday! Time for the chippy.

A blurred photo of the undercarriage leg, I had to drill out around the scissor links.Β 

resized_ecbb5130-7f97-4c7d-8c55-3d1e3613

Β 

#Looks like a chipmunkΒ 

resized_f67d6275-0b40-46f4-875d-162cbc3e

Β 

resized_458a94f0-ed59-47aa-9927-081fcfcc

Left to do,

Canopy on ( not a great fit😱) wheels on, prop on, paint & decals. 

Not much then.Β 

• Like 3

Oooo, red, white & light aircraft grey, suits you sir! Ooo suits you!

resized_e4a3029b-97c1-4553-a74f-5b1729fd

Β 

Theres something bothering me about my chippy. She’s got a bent nose. I thought I could leave it,Β but I think it will be even more noticeable with the prop on. 😱

Β 

• Like 3

Looks great with the tri-colour paint on buddy.

Β 

Not sure what to do about the cowling, but looking back at your photos all the seams look to be in line and it appears to kink over at the last stage. If that is the problem then you could try running a razor saw down that join to over half-way and re-glue closing up the gap you have created. It may not get rid of it altogether but it could make it less obvious. Another option would be to remove the front section and square it up, it depends on how much you are bothered by it - there is only you and the Britmodeller massive who would know. :winkgrin:

Β 

• Like 1