Dunkirk Spitfire Decals

Crossiant Oliver

The squadron codes as applied to the ‘Dunkirk movie’ restored aircraft (as with most other movie props) are all fictitious. There’s a few decals around that represent real life aircraft that took place, however AFAIK none based on the movies aircraft. 

Good news is that these should not be too hard to make up with various grey code letter and 8 inch serial sheets from either Xtradecal, Fantasy printshop and the original and still usable Modeldecal sheets. 

I hope this helps and that I’ve not interpreted your question incorrectly. 

Cheers.. Dave 

48 minutes ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

Hello,

i have an Airfix Spitfire Mk 1 1/72 in The stash and I was thinking of making a Dunkirk Diorama. I was wondering if there are any decals based of the Spitfire in the movie and a pre made ocean base.

-Oliver

Oliver, I am sure that I recently saw a set of decals based on the movie advertised, I just can not recall were though, sorry. :(  I will do some poking around later and if I can find them again, I'll post the link here for you.

Of course, as Dave has pointed out, it is doable with some aftermarket decals, but I can appreciate how convenient it would be with a set already made up and specific to what you want. 

Piece of cake to do yourself...

Squadron codes "LC" in medium sea grey, heaps of aftermarket sheets with RAF codes available. No individual aircraft code.

Serials:

R9612 - Farrier
R9632 -  Collins

R9649 - Fortis leader

• Like 2