1/48 RAF FGR 2

Mr B

Great job on the pit. I’ve got a Revell British Phantom in the stash, am I right in thinking it’s the same kit?

When I first saw odd job there I thought It was the Fat Controller from Thomas the Tank Engine for a moment.

3 hours ago, goggsy said:

Great job on the pit. I’ve got a Revell British Phantom in the stash, am I right in thinking it’s the same kit?

Yes it is.  Only omissions are the white metal wheels and rubber tyres.  But this is not the end of the world as Aeries resin FGR.2 wheels are better and don't perish.

Thanks for the nice words guys.....

I would not know for sure on the Revell reboxing.........thanks for the clarification "At Sea".........looks like something like the Sea King and Skyhawk kits both reboxed by Revell ....and Promodeller.........

Yes Hasegawa phantoms build up nicely......details are good considering their time frame of entry into the scene............even the raised line varients.....they had those lovely color inserts with the painted up kit....

Will try and save the decals....where possible...............really looking forward to the painting session..........hope no dramas lerk....................trying to complete it by months end.....if all goes well

Rgds

Brian

12 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Brian next time I am in Kl, I am visiting yr man cave.

LOL

You are welcome ...but be for warned..........its nothing as classy and well kept as Eng Hui's set up.

Rgds

Guys 

i have managed to finalized the painting. Its with clear coat and ready for decals. Had severe paint lifting while masking for the metallic parts. Really tested ones resolve.

KghWYLv.jpg

Next update should see it with decals n hopefully weapons.

rgds

brian

• Like 4

Cheers guys

Its going to be a 92 sqn bird.

At sea- thanks....i was just a bout to pm you today. I might not be needing the decals. I have tried the kit decals yesterday and they seem to be working....got some of it down yesterday.......without any issues.......so looks like I wasted money  on the air doc sheet......but not all wasted as the air doc colors look much more vibrant. Will keep you posted if I still need them or not.....thanks again for obliging...

You can see some of my progress on another thread for the g/b that I am doing and the phantom is in the background there

If I have time, I might complete the decaling tonight...........not likely but will try........as work days are a bit hectic....

rgds

Mr B,

Great progress so far, and I await photo's of the finished build with baited breath!

You say it's going to be a 29(F) Sqn kite - great choice :thumbsup:, but I am slightly biased as it was my old squadron.

What decals are you using for the XXX for the fin, and the squadron shield?

29(F) is the least covered of any squadron in 1/48th scale (only covered by Maintrack as far as I know), so I would love to get some.

Cheers ! :D

Look forward to seeing the progress!

The Airdoc sheet is in demand so you'll not loose on that score!  Let me know if you need anything.

4 hours ago, 29Triplex said:

Mr B,

Great progress so far, and I await photo's of the finished build with baited breath!

You say it's going to be a 29(F) Sqn kite - great choice :thumbsup:, but I am slightly biased as it was my old squadron.

What decals are you using for the XXX for the fin, and the squadron shield?

29(F) is the least covered of any squadron in 1/48th scale (only covered by Maintrack as far as I know), so I would love to get some.

Cheers ! :D

Sorry Sir

I made a typo its a 92 sqn bird. My sincere apologies. I have edited the original posting too....

Getting old..........

rgds

those decals look to be yellowing a little. you've got to get a zip lock bag and place the decals inside and stick it on a window facing the sun. it works wonders. i had that issue when i was building my tornado which i bought 8 years back. the decals clear up pretty good. it took me about 1 week before the decals improved.

Yes shan, i used the sun too. All of them trasffered well.....set down nicely with solution 

its almost done. Just some minor bits

HlgFh8f.jpg

hopefully end of the coming week it will be squared off

rgds

• Like 7