1/48 RAF FGR 2

Mr B

Hi folks,

Over tea with a modelling mate yesterday. I have decided to start this as my first build for 2018 as our local modelling chapter is doing a phantom g/b mid year.

Nice kit all recessed, will be going oob with the exception of resin seats.    Deleted. Not the wanted area 

will start tommorow with the cockpit.

7Dzhj2H.jpg

QNtG4u0.jpg

rgds

brian

Edited by Greg B
  • Like 8

I considered bidding for this on eBay but at £32 I bailed. Nice set of decals there, some good options of units. Will be interesting to see the build.

Not sure why it's possible to get Harriers, Tornados and Jags in 1/48 for about £20 but Phantoms are nearly £50 with p&p!

Yes they are very pricy.....yes I agree the options on the sheet is lovely....hope I can use it......thanks I too am looking forward to build another phantom it’s been too long since the last....

rgds

Hi folks

managed some work on the cockpit n panels.

slobZkh.jpg

the basic painting done. Next more detail painting.

vHl862S.jpg

xyWTEEy.jpg

also doing these figures in 1/24 of james bond and odd job....

the rio panel did not focus well, it will be included in the next update.

cheers

b

• Like 3

That IP looks pretty impressive!

I've got one of these stashed, just gathering aftermarket for it at the moment.

Great work, will be watching this progress :)

13 hours ago, phildagreek said:

How old's the kit? I haven't seen one in ages.

Been a few years......my boxing is the first rerelease with full recessed lines......so it’s old but not as old as the original boxing.....

2 hours ago, HL-10 said:

That IP looks pretty impressive!

I've got one of these stashed, just gathering aftermarket for it at the moment.

Great work, will be watching this progress :)

Cheers ......hope to see yours up too.......hope to have the next installment by weekend if all goes well......

managed to to snag an air doc decal sheet from a mate who use to bring them in for sale here in Malaysia before. What they call as old new stock....as I dun think they r in print anymore nor available with mainstream retailers

till the next update

cheers guys

brian

• Like 1

Got some progress

Rt8v76q.jpg

m6oBlQR.jpg

iTOgp8l.jpg

sides are together but not taking to glue well. Will spend more time over the next few days n try n settle it

figures mostly base coated

rgds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aidy said:

Good progress, Brian. Been a while since our last 'tea' session, must find time for one soon.

Yes boss agreed.

i had a short session with bud n shah yesterday....passed the o2 to bud....maybe over CNY

thanks for the nice words.....fren

rgds

Got some work done

managed to get the intakes painted and some wire bits in the cockpit area. Next will be to finalize the airframe

W2o56eV.jpg

1358fmA.jpg

figures are almost done too

rgds n best wishes

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gundylunch said:

Looks as through your decals could do with some sunbathing to correct the yellowing of the varnish, if you do this it should disappear after a day or so, but wise to revarnish them afterwards.

Was going to suggest this too, thought I could remember something about taping them to the inside of a window to sort yellowing.

4 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Was going to suggest this too, thought I could remember something about taping them to the inside of a window to sort yellowing.

I once did and the decals just crumbled, I mean the exposure to the Sun did correct the yellow parts but the film became brittle. 

40 minutes ago, tomthounaojam said:

Brian is this for Jason's F-4 GB at Hobby Hq?

Yes boss. That is correct....if all goes well.....what are you building ?

40 minutes ago, Gundylunch said:

Looks as through your decals could do with some sunbathing to correct the yellowing of the varnish, if you do this it should disappear after a day or so, but wise to revarnish them afterwards.

Cheers. I have done this once with my monogram panther decals. It worked.....will be trying it with this sheet.....but if it fails I have a aftermarket sheet

Rgds

16 minutes ago, Mr B said:

Yes boss. That is correct....if all goes well.....what are you building ?

Rgds

My kit is stuck in custom lol, I wanted to do Fg.1. btw Enghui might come to Mumbai next week, anything from India bro?

7 minutes ago, tomthounaojam said:

My kit is stuck in custom lol, I wanted to do Fg.1. btw Enghui might come to Mumbai next week, anything from India bro?

Still got time bro....should clear soon......thanks for the heads up.....nothing at the moment. If anything comes to mind will be in touch....look forward to seeing yr phantom build 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps 

got an update. Its almost ready to go into the paint barn. Just a nice wash down some minor rescribing n its ready

yLs5rE4.jpg

BqnpmBJ.jpg

hopefully can get it painted during the upcoming lunar new year holidays

rgds n happy modelling

• Like 7