Meng Panther A Late

BlackMax12

Had a great day today, broke off 2 of the swing arms on the right side trying to get the second run of tracks off for painting.  Tried to super glue them but with the wheels in place

and interleaved wheels no less that didn't work either. Since the wheels are so terrible and I had already twisted some of the swing arms even trying to mount the wheels. not to mention

requiring zimmerit for certain, I'm just giving up on this one.  I'm not a huge fan of the Panther Type A or D anyway, give me a G any time.

Batting 1000 today, messed up this and ruined that Merkava 3D with the anti-skid mess so I'm taking a break.

Lots of room in the big blue bin out back so both kits are history.  I have a Merkava MK 1 and I'll wait for the Panther G that doesn't need zimmerit but it won't be

another Meng.  Hopefully the Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G is coming soon or even the Rye Field 1/35.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Sad 1

Thanks Soeren

It's only plastic, no sentimental value and hard to polish a turd.  I cleaned out my display cabinets on Sunday and crunched up 25 other 1/35

AFV's to make some room.  Some of the older units bit the dust but I've still got something like 23 models left in there and eventually they will get

rotated for new builds too.  After a couple of years it's time for new stuff and interesting to see the improvements in technique after some time.

So far the 1/16 AFV's get to stay for a while longer. Only 3 of the 5 will fit in the display cabinets and the other 2 get to sleep on top.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12