Meng IDF Merkava 3D Early

BlackMax12

I'll have to give it another try Arnaud.

I dabbed it onto the wet diluted glue with a brush and that's probably why it all balled up

and became so lumpy.  If you just pour the powder on to the partly dry glue do you just shake the excess off when it dries or

do you spread it with a brush?  It's a technique that requires some practice and yours turned out so well.

I'll wait for another Meng or Takom Merkava as all that's at the LHS right now is the Academy MK IV LIC and it's not as nice

a kit.

Take care,

Lloyd

Widow

Sometimes get rather frustrated and tend to react impulsively.  What the heck, gives me an excuse to get a couple more

kits and there's lots of new stuff coming this year. 

There is a Takom Chieftain MK 5 at the LHS and since I have a MK 10 and a MK 11

then I really should have an older MK too, shouldn't I??

I wish someone would make a decent Challenger or Challenger II as the Trumpeter and Tamiya kits are not great and I'd like

to have one beside all of the Chieftains. I thinned out my collection on Sunday and got rid of a bunch of WWII German stuff

as I'm tending to a little more modern equipment and I rather like some of the IDF stuff.

Take care,

Lloyd

Lloyd, what I did is basically create a tacky surface and then pour the powder onto it (much more than strictly needed), and finally remove the excess by turning the model upside down and kicking it gently. Trying to make a PVA/powder slurry and spread it with a brush would make it very hard to create an even finish I believe.

As promised here are a couple of pictures of my own take on the Merkava Mk.3D, as you can see the powder I used for the antiskid was too coarse but I learned a lot from that experience :)

25129682067_524858562a_z.jpg

39290472004_613df70426_z.jpg

39290471284_0485bb93cf_z.jpg

28221272839_271b973499_z.jpg

Arnaud

Hey that looks great Arnaud.  The pose and the base sure look like somewhere in the Middle East. They must have a good parking brake on that

vehicle to hold it on the hill but it sure looks authentic and original.

I'd be perfectly happy with that anti-skid treatment also, sure looks a lot nicer than my attempt.  You are right, probably pouring it onto a tacky

surface and shaking off the excess is the right way, wish I had tried that.

Take care, I'm off to the RFI page to check out your MK 1 now

Lloyd