It's all Greek to me ! 1/48 A-7 Corsair

F4u

1/48 ESCI kit , It's not an accurate Hellinic A-7 but it was fun , I used HATAKA paints for the first time and they are pretty good , there is some touching up to do here and there and the nav lights need to be done.

Weathering was a mixture of pastels and airbrushing and a wash , this is an old kit so the fit was not brilliant but with patients and plenty of dry fitting to see where all the gaps are you can get a reasonable Corsair but not an accurate one ! I got this kit ages ago think it was only a fiver so it would be rude not to get it.

I would like to try a Hobby boss 1/48 two seater don't know whether it will be more accurate?

Anyway it looks like a Corsair 👍👍

IMG_20180114_171720~2

IMG_20180120_095706

IMG_20180120_095811

Edited by F4u
  • Like 8

Know what you mean, they were pretty scruffy towards the end of there service life 😀

Thanks Alex 👍

Edited by F4u

2 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

I am glad you had fun with the Esci's Corsair.I went to hell 40 years ago in trying to put the plane together.

There is filler and gap filling glue used especially on the fuselage joint and the outer wing joint.

Guy

19 hours ago, chris148 said:

Nice to see a different scheme to the usual US Navy colours especially when it is as grubby as this one. 

Thanks Chris, I like to do something different 👍

Guy