Altered Carbon on your telly!

• 2 weeks later...

I found it a bit mumbly myself... and not having read the books, I'm not yet sure where it's going.  I'm pretty sure I'm not going deaf yet, but the main character's habit of speaking quickly and quietly means I miss the occasional quip.  The little Mexican detective is nice though :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Soundbar technology is what you need. 

I've got Dolby Atmos (7.1) goin' on in the lounge, with the volume on the centre speaker tweaked up, and it was still a bit indistinct :hmmm: I've never relied on the crappy speakers that come with your average TV because apart from the design and budget limitations inherent to their ilk, they're also stereo (usually) and smoosh all the channels into two making for a horribly crowded soundfield :owww:

Hark at me with me posh sounding words! :headphones:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm pretty sure I'm not going deaf yet, but the main character's habit of speaking quickly and quietly means I miss the occasional quip

I'm getting the same thing with it. The dialogue seems quite muffled at times, although it's not the only Netflix show I experience that on. Hasn't stopped me enjoying it so far though (up to ep.5). The production design is beautiful.

Andy:cat: 

• Like 2

Watched the series on Netflix last week.

Looked amazing, great sets, state-of-the art Special FX, story stretched WAY too thin for the number of episodes... Would have worked much better as a four or five episode series, but Netflix wouldn't have wanted that. Plot was difficult to follow in places... some of the character motivation was not very clear at all. 

Tiny Mexican detective very easy on the eyes (enhanced frontage not withstanding). 

Agree about the dialogue... main character mumbled most of his lines into his own chest... resorted to subtitles in the end.

Final analysis? Well worth a watch, but give your ears a good clear out before viewing. 

Cheers.

Chris. 

I got to ep 6 last night, but ep 5 was clearly superior! :Tasty: It's growing on me, but I'm still having to keep motionless in a silent room to pick up some of the dialog.  I think I'm going to have to splash out for an ear trumpet soon :headphones:

Maybe it is me getting old, but I encounter the muffled dialogues issue quite often with more recent movies/TV shows. Would not be a big issue, but when I turn the TV set louder to understand the dialogues surely the very next scene a car explodes and the volume moves me and the sofa closer to the wall behind and wakes the whole house...

I only got as far as episode 1, not because of the mumbling but the over enhance blood baths! 😱

This seems to be the trend these days, American Gods was the same, really enjoyed the book and was pleased when it was televised but again didn’t watch it all for what to me were excessive blood losses!!  

May be im getting old!😜

I added this to my Netflix list after reading this thread early on.

Never got round to watching any yet as my other half has found "peaky blinders" so is watching what she missed first time round.

I really must make more effort and get a few episodes watched.

Some of the comments on sound quality has made me pleased. I use hearing aids in both ears and even with a loop system keep missing words etc.

I had convinced myself that I needed to go get the hearing aids tweaked upward but its looking like I am not the only one mishearing stuff.

The penny has only just dropped that the sound problem happens more on Netflix than other channels.