Paasche Vision, Help Needed.

Mark Hoffmanly

So recently I have noticed that my airbrush (which is almost a year old now) is now spraying up and to the left, when it's supposing to be spraying straight. I am not sure if its the needle if its bent or what. But I have tried every solution I could think of and it hasn't changed. I airbrush works fine other than that, the paint spread it great, along with the airflow, but because of the paint spraying up and to the left the paint siphon is getting covered in a thin layer of paint.

I have properly cleaned the airbrush after each use, so the problem cannot be a direct result of poor maintenance. 

Mark

It does sound like the needle tip is bent. To be honest, the best solution is just to get a new needle - although it's sometimes possible to straighten the tip, if it's "hooked" rather than just bent, it may be impossible to get it perfect again.

• Like 1

I'd check the tip with a magnifying glass, and ensure that the needle is seated central to the nozzle before you chuck it away.  If the needle is straight, look at crud around the inside of the nozzle, which could be blocking the airflow.  That's easily fixed by usinga reaming tool that can be bought from eBay for a few quid (it's like a knurled brass tube that unscrews to reveal a deadly spike with one flat side).  Also check the needle packing (I have no idea what or where this is with Paasche), and see if that's ok.  Also check the needle for general bending, which you can do just by laying it on a flat surface and rolling it side-to-side :)

Otherwise, it's new needle, maybe a new nozzle, and possibly new packing, depending on what you find.  I think Paasche are more easily available in the States than in the UK. :yes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Otherwise, it's new needle, maybe a new nozzle, and possibly new packing, depending on what you find.  I think Paasche are more easily available in the States than in the UK. :yes:

I realise Mark is in the USA but for the benefit of any Brits reading this I've used Paasche airbrushes for years and never had a problem with spares.  Graphicair and Airbrushes.com are good sources.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 9:43 AM, Mike said:

I'd check the tip with a magnifying glass, and ensure that the needle is seated central to the nozzle before you chuck it away.  If the needle is straight, look at crud around the inside of the nozzle, which could be blocking the airflow.  That's easily fixed by usinga reaming tool that can be bought from eBay for a few quid (it's like a knurled brass tube that unscrews to reveal a deadly spike with one flat side).  Also check the needle packing (I have no idea what or where this is with Paasche), and see if that's ok.  Also check the needle for general bending, which you can do just by laying it on a flat surface and rolling it side-to-side :)

Upon further inspection of the needle, it turns out the is a bend along the entire needle itself, I figured its in my best interest to go out to my local hobbly-lobby and buy a replacement needle(In hopes that they sell the .2mm needle). 

Thanks for the help.

Mark

A banana needle, eh?  It's unlikely you could bend it back to true without significant effort and skill, so yeah - Hobby-Lobby would be a good idea, but check you don't need any other spares before you go :)

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

A banana needle, eh?  It's unlikely you could bend it back to true without significant effort and skill, so yeah - Hobby-Lobby would be a good idea, but check you don't need any other spares before you go :)

I took a decent sized book and a nice flat table where I rolled the needle, which fixed some of the bends, but not enough to not buy a new needle, sadly.  

As a matter of fact, I've learned to make a list of what I need, since nothing is more annoying than getting home from the store to realize that you forgot something important. Especially since the closest hobby-Lobby is a near 40min drive from my house to it.