Tamiya pair,Churchill and Centurion.

stevej60

Morning folk's two kit's I've alway's wanted to have a go at are the Churchill and Centurion so with an almost clear bench after the Matchbox GB and a

small build planned for the 10th anniversary GB I'm making good progress with the Sherman which has given me the armour bug! I won't start for a few 

week's until the Sherman's finished and I'm must try and finish the MAN truck and the Centurion is on order at my LMS.

Anyway Box art.

39777193481_3e63922726_b.jpg

Inside the usual Tamiya quality.

27998727689_e4a126bd12_b.jpg

A bonus was a sprue of figures including two crew and a farmer and hand cart.

39745573952_ee39db4f93_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, John_W said:

Confusing your Lord Protector and your Prime Minister?

4 hours ago, Soeren said:

How do you Change the Churchill into two tanks :o 

Well spotted guy's I was just testing to see who was taking notice:whistle:

• Haha 4

Time to make a start on the first of these two,stages one and two completed.

39199120844_aa94a2d1d0_b.jpg

And the next two stages complete about an hour in total including cleaning up the part's.

28129371929_ffbdd76523_b.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, robw_uk said:

watching, been tempted by this kit, looking forward to seeing how it goes together before i decide....

So far typical Tamiya Rob it falls together, the only part that I would have like as a single molding is the Turret which is split vertically front and rear

so we'll see how it fit's,honestly if  you like to build the complete kit before any painting it can be done in a day.

• Like 1

LMS rang today so nipped down and picked up Centurion,real retro box top this one, inside a cracking kit beautifully molded I'll pop some sprue

shot's on over the weekend.

39205466124_7166412306_b.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Hewy said:

Churchill looks good steve, I'm looking forward to seeing that centurion kit though, I'm interested in one of those,

Glynn 

I've lost this weekend as far as modelling goes Glynn but have a couple more days off so I'll post the sprue shot's promised tomorrow.

Edited by stevej60
  • Thanks 1

Aye up Steve.

Nice work. Ive built a few Tamiya Churchill kits over the years. Still a nice kit for its 40 odd years! 

Never managed to do the Cent tho so looking forward to seeing it being built :coolio:

Regards.

Steve

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Never managed to do the Cent tho so looking forward to seeing it being built :coolio:

Cheer's Steve,and here's a few sprue shot's.

40085106571_36e792db98_b.jpg

39373935014_dd33864fe7_b.jpg

26211134248_91d5c0a911_b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folk's sorry for lack of progress been on a Matchbox/Frog nostalgia kick and with no disrespect to these two fine companies I really

need to handle a state of the art kit again,anyway I've added the barrel and hatches etc and decided on a scheme incorporating the front

mudguard assembly which is now fitted,I'm going to prime her in black and build up the top coat's to see if I can get some depth to the finish.

DSC00208

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Good to see more progress on this one Steve. Looking well tidy! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheer's Stix,be interesting to see if the painting gives me the result I'm after.

Hi folk's this morning amongst the thousand job's the missus left me I nipped into the loft and got a black undercoat on the Churchill,tonight I 

gave her two light coats of Mr Hobby green,I like the sheen these paints dry too the more thinned the more the sheen,I think the black worked

maybe due to the cluttered detail ofthe tank but I kind of got the shading I wanted so really it look's like a factory fresh tank and I can weather

it in to an in  service look.

38596370160_16ed84b91f_b.jpg

• Like 5