Horsham St Faith

tc2324

I`m starting a series of builds within the next few months covering aircraft based at Horsham St Faith through the ages. Now I have selected the air frames I`m building and while I`ve had a good Google to find references for them, I`m coming up a little short. So what to do? Well why not make use of the resources available to you and ask you guys for some help?

If any of you have any information, pictures or profiles on any of the aircraft listed below it would be greatly appreciated.

Bristol Blenheim IV   R3843   WV-F    18 Sqn

Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.1    L6973    PS-A     264 Sqn

De Havilland Mosquito Mk.IV     W4069    GB-M   105 Sqn     (Happy to see photo`s of this or it`s sister ships W4064, W4065, W4069, W4071 and W4072 which took part in the first ever raid on Europe)

Any photo`s or refrences of B-24`s from 458th Bomb Group and/or P-47`s of the 61st, 62nd or 63rd fighter squadrons when based at Horsham.

A big ask i know, but any help or extra information would be great.

Edited by tc2324

You could look at the book Liberators over Norwich, its expensive but covers the subject, most books on the Defiant have pictures of L6973 mostly the port side, the marking for this were in a short run kit some years ago also many books on the 56th FG have pictures taken at Horsham. Can't be specific as my books and models are packed away while redecorating. Post war Meteors were based there.

Many of the Roger A. Freeman books on the 8th Air Force have Horsham St Faith images, particularly the Mighty Eighth in Colour. An image search on "B-24 458th Bomb Group" brings up a number of images, some colour.

Back when I was flying large R/C models, a friend built the 458th B-24 "Hookem Cow" to fly along with my 100th BG B-17.

b17034.jpg