Vintage Fighter series resurfacing with F4U Corsair and Spitfire XII

Christer A

Copied from Hyperscale:s news page

Vintage Fighter Series has announced their next injection moulded 1/24 scale kits will be the F4U Corsair and Spitfire Mk.XII. We'll have more information and images as they come to hand.

Didn't VFS close down?

And weren't they working on a XIV instead of XII?

I would take the MKXIV and the F4U 👍

Guy 

Feel sure a Mk. XIV in 24th scale would make a lot of people rather happy. Perhaps they're going with a XII first and use parts as a basis for potential future Mk. IX, V etc. then bring out a XIV later.

• Like 1

I could not agree more a Mk.XIV would be a much better option. I cannot understand WHY so many manufactures go with the MkXII, not many were made and I think only one squadron operated them. I understand the importance of the MK but really a XIV is a better option and opens up to MkXVIII's and other late MK's.

• Like 2

Absolutely agree on the XIV. I would buy at least two if it were a XIV, maybe more with the option of a lowback (my favourite). For some strange reason, I just can't get excited at the thought of a Mk XII. 

VFS also displayed a Mk XIV master at Telford a few years back, so I did wonder if the XII was a typo.

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

I could not agree more a Mk.XIV would be a much better option. I cannot understand WHY so many manufactures go with the MkXII, not many were made and I think only one squadron operated them. I understand the importance of the MK but really a XIV is a better option and opens up to MkXVIII's and other late MK's.

2 Squadrons Ali, 41 & 91. Otherwise, yes, I agree with you.

This is one of my favourite 'Spits' RN201👍

33257365831_4f8fe295c7_b

Edited by F4u
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, fightersweep said:

F4u;

One of my favourites too! Now just imagine that in 1/24!

It would be great , maybe if we get enough of us to keep on at them.....

And a 1/24 F4U-7 French Suez markings would be nice 👍👍

Guy

We must speak the same language! A -7 Corsair in Aeronavale Suez markings would be awesome in 1/24! Lindsay Walton's Corsair in those colours was a favourite of mine on the airshow circuit back in the 80s. I'm guessing though, that if we see a Corsair in 1/24 from VFS, then it will be either a 1-A or 1-D. 

Lindsay Walton's F4U-7 just before going to the US .

IMG_20170625_190056_315

But like you say I think it will be an earlier mark unfortunately.

Guy

4 hours ago, fightersweep said:

It's a beast isn't it? Albeit a very sexy one!

Certainly is , I was lucky to get that pic , next day it was being dismantled for shipping to the States .