Gday all

BigKev

Totally new to modeling and love WW1 aircraft. Starting with some cheapies to develop some skills before I trash something expensive. 3/4 through Revell 1/28 Fokker DR 1, 1/2 way through Airfix 1/72 Fokker E.11 Eindecker, and just started on Eduard weekend 1/48 Roland C.11. a bit worried about the painting of this one, any way I will have a crack and see how it goes.

I started this with the intention of not ending up with a "stash" I was going to finish one before I buy another 4 weeks into it I have 3 on the bench and 4 on the shelf waiting and off to the l h s on the weekend.

Oh well.

Cheers

BigKev

• Like 5

Blimey, mate, you've dived in head first, eh?  You'll find the blokes here are incredibly helpful.. They've saved me (also a beginner) a lot of cussing and fussing.  I was able to visit your country some years back when I worked on cruise ships... Blagged a contract on one doing fortnight cruises from Sydney to Aukland via Tasmania.  If I could, I'd fold the tent tomorrow and move to Melbourne, lovely place, and for such a small town they have a LOT of model shops!  

Hello BigKev ... :welcome: to Britmodeller and:welcome: to Modeling. I’ve been modeling since 1979 and have just one Bi-plane a sopwith camel to my credit. I see you chose the Deep end first. No doubt WW1 is a great source of subject material. However the rigging and camouflage will test a newer modeler. My hats off to you in your quest. I’ll tell you this though, you couldnt have joined a better forum for help and advice. Im looking forward to seeing your work soon.

Dennis

6 hours ago, Mike said:

:welcome: aboard Kev - we have a Big Kev here already, based in Aus IIRC, so that's going to get confusing, isn't it? :wacko:

Yes indeed, the other Big Kev is Melbourne based and not that big :D

Welcome Kev, a few of us Aussies here now.

Thanks all. I have a friend tutoring me he has been modeling for 20+ years and he has no WW1 aircraft and he has asked question. WW1,  what are you thinking? anyways I think he has the bug for them now to. Haha.

I am sure I will have plenty of newb questions in the coming weeks, see how we go.

Cheers

On 1/19/2018 at 1:46 PM, BigKev said:

WW1 aircraft

The only objection I can see to WW1 kites is their size in 1/72... They're like trying to assemble dragonflies and I'm scared of the bigger scales because I can't get away with fudging the details.

• Haha 1