Longtime lurker signing in!

Sal82

Greetings everybody!

I've been visiting the site regularly for the past year, gathering inspiration from some of the amazing models here, but finally I got around to actually signing up!

So a few words of introduction: I'm 35 years old and like many others I started the hobby as a child at around 7 years old I think. My first kit was the Airfix 1/600 Belfast. Later I started collecting aircraft, but as a teenager the hobby lost it's grip and was replaced with wargames miniatures instead. I've been collecting and painting these on/off ever since, but a few years ago I came across the Tamiya 1/350 scale Missouri as a bargain in a second hand store. I'd always wanted one of those large ship kits, and wanted to try my hand at something different than wargames stuff, so I decided to have a go at ship modelling again and quickly got addicted!

Looking forward to the continued inspiration from so many talented modellers. Hopefully I will be able to contribute with something too :)

• Like 2

Thanks alot. :)

A technical question: Do all images have to be uploaded to a seperate host, or is it possible to upload to the site directly? The latter would obviously save a bit of time :)

Below just a technical test to see if it is possible to deep link to images on my Wordpress page. The ship is my take on Trumpeters HMS Zulu in 1/350 with WEM photoetch, and main armament from Shapeways and North Star Models.

zulu.jpg

Firstly, :welcome: aboard :)

13 minutes ago, Sal82 said:

A technical question: Do all images have to be uploaded to a seperate host, or is it possible to upload to the site directly?

This one's easily answered - we took a decision early on not to host people's photos for many reasons.  Photos use up a LOT of space and bandwidth, and as the forum has to be paid for it's a cost thing.  There's also the security aspect, as having people uploading to our server increases the likelihood of something being uploaded with a malicious payload, which could have a negative effect on the forum as well as our reputation on the 'net.  So yeah - find a photo host or use any webspace you might have, and carry on uploading your photos there, and post away :)