1/72 Replacement cowls for revell Boston V??

rob85

So once upon a time,  I started building the above and tried to put the little bumps on the cowl.... didn’t go well.... at all

anyone know of a resin replacement? I found some for the italieri A-20G but A) don’t think they are correct for the model I am building B ) I don’t know if they would fit the revell kit?

any help would be great!

Rob

Is the Revell Boston V the old Matchbox kit?  In which case the kit cowlings were described as too large, so the Italeri (MPM, I presume) are a better starting point anyway.  How this would affect the meeting between cowling and nacelle I don't know, but rather fear...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Is the Revell Boston V the old Matchbox kit?  In which case the kit cowlings were described as too large, so the Italeri (MPM, I presume) are a better starting point anyway.  How this would affect the meeting between cowling and nacelle I don't know, but rather fear...

It’s the revell boxing of the MPM kit that I have (too my knowledge) is the italeri the MPM kit as well? Cheers for the reply Graham.

Rob

51 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I believe so.  Mine is the original Special Hobby (i.e. MPM) so can't be sure.  I believe that the engine cowlings should be the same for the A-20G and J.  They certainly look to be.

Well that’s good news, I may just take a punt on the ones I’ve seen then. Cheers

Rob

revell's Boston V is same kit as MPM/SHB's A-20J/K. A-20Gs on latter brand have same cowlings, even same instruction....I have a VVS A-20G and an MTO A-20B, which have early type cowling without bumps. Don't know how to align the bumps...still on my stash. Once read there still no replacement parts yet...Hope Quickboost will release one.

• Like 1

The resin cowling for the Italeri kit will not fit on the Revell/MPM one for one important reason: they are in different scale ! Italeri never issued a 1/72 kit, their only A-20 is the 1/48 one originally released by AMT (and that Revell also issued some 10 years ago)

The resin cowling for the Italeri kit are by Quickboost

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 1