Pakistani and Egyptian Display Teams! 1/72 K-8 Karakorum

So, whilst I was working on my first model kit of 2018, after a 6 month abscence, I dug out some of my older projects that I wanted to do. So, my Su-47 (here) was pretty much done, and I needed something to do at my local model club. That's where this beauty came in. 

The K-8 is a jet trainer built by the Chinese aviation firm Hongdu. The Pakistani Airforce use the aircraft under this deisgnation, and local co-produced by the Pakistani Aeronautical Complex. It is the primary jet trainer of the PAF, but also the mount of the Pakistani display team - Sherdils! You can see their display below (be warned, super cheesy)!

It is also the mount of the Egyptian display team, who also use it under the K-8 designation. Their display team, The Silver Stars showed their face not long after recieving the aircraft but has been relatively inactive since - bar a few flyovers of Cairo. However, last year they made their first international debut at Athens! Again, their display is below (much less cheesy, beautiful display).

So, what is the kit?

It's a lot simpler than most Trumpeter kits. It has a bit less detail than some of their other works, but is definitely comparable to, say, a BAE Hawk or Alpha Jet. 

I didn't take any pictures of it on the sprue, so here are some during construction, to where it is now! You'll notice there is only one kit pictured. The second I just got on eBay (and mostly for the decals which seem near impossible to find now) and is winging it's way to me as we speak. The below is the box with said decals from eBay! 

27970980479_1ac164eb65.jpg

And here are some of the WIP!

25878219638_98d3b0fd68_k.jpg

24880453907_fe948a1a01_k.jpg

39749946421_7147fb8af3_k.jpg

• Like 2