The Yanks are here...

Eagle_Squadron

Hello!  As the name implies, I'm an American, but on this side of the pond (Germany, to be exact).  Was a modeler for a long time until 1996, then was away from the hobby for nearly 20 years as real life intruded (houses, jobs, marriage, divorce, etc.), then finally rediscovered the hobby after moving to Germany.  Used to be an IPMS-USA member for many years, but there's not such an IPMS presence over here.  Luckily I've found such a robust online modelling community!  I used to be strictly 1/35 scale armor and dioramas, but I've since branched out to 1/72 aircraft, and now 1/48 aircraft and vehicles.  Used to be mostly Tamiya (still my favorite brand), along with some Italeri and Monogram.  I've recently tried some Dragon kits, but not terribly impressed with them; also have some Hobby Boss, Trumpeter, Mini Art, and Panda kits, but I'm a little intimidated to try to start them!  Never had attempted an Airfix kit (they never used to be all that popular in the U.S.) until last year.  The first one I tried wasn't that great, but it was an old kit from the 1970s (74 or 76, IIRC).  But I've since bought some new ones and I'm impressed with them; working on their 1/48 Hurricane Mk. I right now, for a Battle of Britain diorama.  I'll post some pics of some of my recent work as soon as I get a chance.  Cheers!

• Like 2