DH Devon 1/72 decals

Lord Riot

Does anybody know if there are any 1/72 decals out there for an RAF 207 sqn DH Devon, circa 1980ish? Preferably one of the VP9.. serial ones? 

Ideally that Transport Command blue cheatline and the serial numbers.

Lord Riot

I don't believe that there are any aftermarket decals out there at present as I too am eagerly looking. The good news though is Air Graphics are planning to produce a set, see link beneath.

https://www.facebook.com/airgraphicmodels/?ref=nf&hc_ref=ARRh72AHowf3XNoLnt2cVS24geUdbhlGIZW74CmnYN-pZZvxrLY36SlDBw3Sgu4hj6E

Mark

• Like 1

Hi, nothing out there now but after the release of the AModel Dove there are at least two decal makers who have releases in the pipeline, Air Graphics and Caracal in the USA. I would check their websites. Im waiting for their releases as not inspired by the Amodel decals.

Cheers, Paul

Edited by ptmvarsityfan
Duplivated word
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, at least we should have some soonish then! I'll keep my eye on the Air Graphics website.

I got the AModels Devon which does include roundels but then just RN titles or New Zealand ones.

In the Devon kit are two options;

New Zealand Warbirds NZ 1808 ZK-KTT (it's the cover on the box) and 

Royal Navy XK895 CU 19 

( Sea Devon XK895 c/n 04472 was delivered to the Royal Navy in April 1956. Painted as when used as a Admiral's Barge, based at HMS Daedalus, RNAS Lee-on-Solent. During Naval service the aircraft was based at several RNAS stations. )

modelldoc

40 minutes ago, modelldoc said:

Royal Navy XK895 CU 19 

( Sea Devon XK895 c/n 04472 was delivered to the Royal Navy in April 1956. Painted as when used as a Admiral's Barge, based at HMS Daedalus, RNAS Lee-on-Solent. During Naval service the aircraft was based at several RNAS stations. )

modelldoc

Cracking toast, Gromit!

Mike

11 hours ago, modelldoc said:

Royal Navy XK895 CU 19 

modelldoc

Yep, that's the one I have! Roundels look good but I'll need aftermarket serials and cheat line. It was a nice surprise to find those roundels though as I was thinking the kit just had NZ markings.

Wouldn't mind doing the blue & white Dove in BAe colours, G-ARHW from another kit too if I ever fork out for a second kit!