Eduard FW 190 A8 Weekend Edition

cger

Hi all,

Here are a few pics of a kit I completed during the Christmas holidays. It is the  FW 190 A8 kit from Eduard in the Weekend Edition boxing.   I 

encountered the known problems coming from the over engineering of the kit, if you want to build it fully closed (you can see that the left gun panel does not

fit very well); A part from that I enjoyed the build. The paints are Gunze acrylics and the markings are from the box. The weathering is done with Mig Ammo washes and  pigments.

I hope you will like it,

best,

Christian.

P1050264

P1050273

P1050270

P1050265

P1050267

P1050275

P1050269

Edited by cger
  • Like 44

In terms of weathering this is one of the best Fw 190 I've ever seen in any scale. Even the grease stains on the main gear covers look spot on.

Did you work with oils or ready to use-products? Build and paintwork are splendid, too!

14 hours ago, mostrich said:

In terms of weathering this is one of the best Fw 190 I've ever seen in any scale. Even the grease stains on the main gear covers look spot on.

Did you work with oils or ready to use-products? Build and paintwork are splendid, too!

Thanks to all for the kind comments, I am glad you like the post. To answer to mostrich, I now use the Mig Ammo products (called Panel Line Washes)

because they are ready mixed and I like the colors and consistency of thinning ratio, but one can do as well with home made washes of course.

The chipping is done with a fine brush and acrylic (Vallejo or Prince August) paints. I also use sometimes Faber Castell pen brushes. These china ink pens are

quite convenient to make spots, stains etc. The ink goes away with water in case of mistakes.

best,

Christian.

Great work on both the base and the aircraft. I'm guessing that it is the 1/48 scale version. Thanks for sharing it with us.                 Bob H.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I had time to make a small winter base to display my FW 190, here are  a few pics taken this afternoon. The snow is done with some artificial snow powder mixed with acrylic gloss medium.

The figure is from an ICM set of Luftwaffe personnel in winter clothings, painted with Prince August acrylics,

39833286255_6aaf862d99_b.jpg 

25857068167_ee6aa3d6cf_b.jpg

40728295091_653395cde2_b.jpg

39833287365_4ab5366a24_b.jpg 

have a nice weekend,

Christian

Edited by cger
  • Like 2

Well that's a beauty - I echo all the comments above especially those about the weathering. Looks like your base and figure painting is to a similar standard.

Thanks for showing.

Rick