1/48 Felixstowe flying boat kit now available

berman

The 1/48th scale Felixstowe kit is now on the www.lonestarmodels.com website. The kit has optional fuselage parts so it can be built as early enclosed cockpit or later open version. Parts look very good in the photos. The kit is not cheap but this is a large aircraft. Which colour scheme will you choose? So many choices. :-)

I looked at USPS (United States Postal Service) international rates on the internet. If sent by 1st class international service (listed at bottom of page) from USA to UK, the shipping cost would be $22.50 USD if kit and shipping box weighs two pounds or $34.50 USD if the kit and shipping box weighs three pounds. 

• 2 months later...

I received my Lone Star Felixstowe F.2a kit. The parts are really nice. Accurate and detailed. There is some paper thin flash on the "wood" framing on the beaching dolly but that should be easy to clean up. The pair of exposed Rolls Royce V-12 Eagle engines will look great perching between the wings. It is going to be difficult to make a decision on which scheme to paint this aircraft. I will order another kit for sure.

When you go to the Lone Star Models website, click on Store, click on LSM, and then click on 1/48 Complete Kits.