Farewell to the Lynx

Ade

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

They certainly will. Coming to a walkround on this site soon? If you can find another showing up into the underside of the axle strut mounting to the under fuselage that would nail it.

Where is this one please?

Problem I think is that the underside mounting is all covered up inside that fairing, the strut just disapears into a hole on the side.

Julien

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

In the nicest possible way I hope you're right, it would make life easier. I'm making a presentation model for an ex-pilot so I need to get it right as he's my mate and I won't be allowed to forget it if I get it wrong....

Just glue it to the base!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Those are brilliant, shouldn't be too hard to replicate in 1/72. :whistle: I don't 'spose anyone has a measurement for the main U/C track, preferably at rest as mine will be, come the day?

Steve

If you don't know of THIS then you should. Fantastic build and detailing.

This three view may help

lynxah9-1.gif

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

No, I hadn't seen that but duly book marked. A magic source of info in every which way, at least I won't feel obliged to go to that detail in 1/72. Thanks a heap for that link & the three view. :)

Steve.

There is something coming in the future, but how long before it comes to fruition your guess is as good as mine.

http://www.air-graphics.co.uk/page40.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pigsty said:

I read in Flight International this morning that the Army's Gazelles, all of which must be older than the Lynxes, are due to be retired in 2025.  Funny how it goes, ennit?

Yes it is.

On 02/02/2018 at 11:20, speedy said:

I'll try and find out but most of the Lynxs' lined up out of the hangar are for sale. From memory I think 2 are ear marked for gate guards. The 9a are in Hangar 2 being processed now. There are 20+ Lynx yet to be processed over the next 18 months, mk8 are in H2 and a mixed bag at other another airfield.

Bet there expensive! 

Hopefully ZG917 becomes a gate guard, I would love too see it next to XZ250 in the near future, that would look cool! 

harry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice "special " markings! Thank you for sharing. It would be nice to see some aftermarket decals for this one as I have a couple in the stash and one by krook or by crook will have to be an AH9.

Edited by Britman
  • Like 1