Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome Transavia PL.12 Airtruk, Sharkit, 1:72

Nice build.

The first time I learnt of this type existing was when I saw a small feature in an Eagle comic loads of years ago. At first it looked like bits of a Harvard were used as the cockpit and forward fuselageconsisted of these parts, but I suspect it was a much rebuilt Wirraway.

What an absolutely stunning diorama !!

First saw one of these on the Upper Murray back in the eighties, crop-dusting a customers paddock - fell instantly in love !!  I like obscure aircraft.........

Didn't know, until now, that the Airtruk had been kitted.......must go hunting for it .........Click !!........Buy !!.......

piotr,

WOW!....

you have an AMAZING looking model there and the diorama is SUPERBLY  done.:worthy:

just seeing it makes ME  smile.

it looks absolutely authentic and the diorama allows it to be placed in MAD MAX environment!

LOVE IT....like everything about it especially little touches like the netting, the luggage and that skull.:wub:

IMPRESSIVE build piotr.

KUDOS.:mike:

• 2 years later...
On 1/18/2018 at 9:16 PM, Paul J said:

The first time I learnt of this type existing was when I saw a small feature in an Eagle comic loads of years ago. At first it looked like bits of a Harvard were used as the cockpit and forward fuselageconsisted of these parts, but I suspect it was a much rebuilt Wirraway.

I'm a bit late so you may already know, but the Bennett Pl.11 Airtruck was the NZ-built predecessor (two examples produced) to the Airtruk and did indeed have a lot of Harvard in it.

• Like 1