Hobby Boss French EBR-10

One of my goals for 2018 is to build more models, so I'm planning to join a few group builds as a motivational tool. I stopped by the local hobby shop a few weeks ago and picked up this kit for my contribution. It has a "10" in the name so I'm hoping it's good. I may build it straight OOTB or I might add some aftermarket wheels and details (currently undecided). I'd also like to use this build to try new weathering techniques, and if I have time I'll build a display base for it.

IMG_2203.jpg

• Like 7

I spent a lot of time this past week researching this kit and the EBR. Most of the build logs and reviews I found were positive so I don't anticipate a lot of issues with this build. I did find a comment on another site that part C5, the large IR light cluster, is in the wrong position on the kit. It should be located at the rear left side and not the front right side as indicated in the instructions. I've decided to leave it as-is since I'm not 100% confident I could rebuild the raised rib detail and have it look decent. Since I'm using this kit to get back into scale modeling after a 2 decade break I don't want to go crazy with detailing just yet. 

IMG_2213.JPG

So, today I managed to complete step 1 and ended up with these.

IMG_2211.JPG

It may not look like much, but it took 24 parts to end up with these 4 pieces. There was also a seam running down both sides of the springs which was a real joy to clean up, but they'll be visible once the kit is together so I did my best to get rid of it. I skipped putting the 4 center wheels together, also part of step 1, since I'm thinking about replacing them with some aftermarket parts.

I also completed step 2 which involved drilling 6 small holes, then started step 3 by glueing the top and bottom halves together. 

IMG_2216.JPG

And finally, I jumped ahead to step 9 and glued a few pieces of the turret together. 

IMG_2217.JPG

That's all for today! I hope to have another small update later this week. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I remember French Dinky doing one of these back in my youth that I lusted after back then, so I'll be keen to see this come together.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I was the lucky one and I was offered one of these (or did I steal it?). I just loved it, especially the funny pairs of wheels in the middle! I have been an aficionado of the type ever since.

JR

• Like 1

• 1 month later...