Trumpeter Panzer IV

Thanks Martin

I didn't want to make it too dirty but the German grey was way too dark so some dust helped to lighten it a bit.

I may have gone a little too far with the red primer on some of the deeper black chips but it was something to try.  They aren't that obvious fortunately.

Take care,

Lloyd

That looks really excellent Lloyd and I agree - the dusty weathering suits it really well! I like the views through the hatches too. Very well done. :clap::clap:

Kind regards,

Stix

15 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Here's my attempt at a Panzer IV late Type F2 early Type G hybrid.  On the Eastern front, not too dirty but rather dusty. It's -32C here again this morning so no outside pics, bbbrrrrr.

I'm so glad that I didn't get the job at Athabasca Tar Sands back in the 80's!

P4 looks good Lloyd.

Funny I was just looking at a photo of brand new Panzer IVs being delivered and thinking that would make a good subject. A recently delivered tank with minimal wear and here it is. I wonder do tanks have a 'new tank smell' ? 

Very nice.

Thanks Stix

I followed Mark's cutaway Tiger I and I'm thinking some of those LEDs would look good inside a 1/16 AFV.

Thanks Bull

Funny thing is when we went to bed last night it was -25C and this morning at 8:30 it's only -3C with a high of +3 expected.  Welcome to Alberta where the weather changes 30 degrees in 12 hours.

It's not a rare occurrence either and no wonder everyone has a cold.

Thanks Noelh

Maybe they have a new tank smell but I'm sure it doesn't last with Herman and his gas problems, dirty feet and whatever else you can imagine.

Thanks Steve

Wonder how they got these started on the Eastern Front and they had no heaters until they started putting them on Panthers late in 1944 as far as I know.

Must have been pretty chilly with all that metal, sure wouldn't stick my tongue on anything.

Take care guys,

Lloyd

• Like 1

OMG the sun is shining here today after 2 weeks of gloomy skies so here's some pics that show the inside of the turret a little better.

Thinking about some LED lighting in here.  If I do that I see the traversing gear for the turret will have to be black and greasy not white, oops.

tiq6pbK.jpgvXMzIRj.jpggw8WEsc.jpg1XCL11y.jpgiskRMzJ.jpg

• Like 2

Nice pictures. That's a really nice kit. I might invest in one.

As for the temperature, well it's doing it's best to give an impression of the the eastern front outside with vicious snow squalls but as this is the West of Ireland it's only 3 degrees and the snow will be gone by morning courtesy of yet another Atlantic storm. Wet and cold which is the worst. Ugh. If it hit -32 here the whole country  would freeze. We don't have the range of temperatures you have but it can go from +10 to freezing in a few hours and back again and always damp. Perfect for flu epidemics. Yuck

Thanks Noel

Sympathies, can't stand that humidity.  Every time I go to Ottawa to visit the family I just melt when it's 35C with 90% humidity.  I can take the colder weather in

Alberta sorta as it's lots drier.

BTW if you do get the Trumpeter 1/16 PkW IV get kit # 920 as it has the side skirts or even 921 which has the wire mesh side skirts for something different.  I have 920 painted in the

3 color camo and this is 919 in Panzer Grey (sort of).

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks Badder

The lighting was the finale for this one.

Still waiting on that 1/16 Jagdtiger since Sept 5th, getting impatient but also wondering when

Trumpeter is going to release the 1/16 Panther.  They'll probably both show up at the same time and there goes the wallet again.

Take care,

Lloyd