Czech Airforce 10 year service anniversary Gripen

Ok back to almost square one....re-do panel lines and will mask up the light grey and give this a darker grey probably ocean grey tomorrow if no rain. At least I know what colours i will be using for my Luftwaffe Eurofighter..

IMG_6788

• Like 2

Re-spray Tamiya Ocean Grey....much much happier, truer grey, suits the Gripen better. Let this cure this evening while I work on the other bits like door, u/c and ordnance for this...then hopefully, Saturday will be tail art time!! 😬

It might even be too dark the more I look at it now 😩🎨

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 2

I feel your pain - a single colour grey can look fine, but then look odd alongside a second shade.  I'm sure you'll get there in the end! :popcorn:

Cliff

• Like 1

Big expensive decal time, entire '10' build theme rests on this tenth anniversary of the Gripen in Czech service tail art....tore in half applying....somehow, and no idea how, it fell back into place when I added some decal fix...just settling in now, hopefully begin to soften and grip to the Gripen. 

IMG_6795

• Like 6

On 13/04/2018 at 9:37 AM, exdraken said:

looks quite fine now!

hope they settle!

the design has grown on my during your build! .....

Me too, my first Gripen and I know it won't be my last. Lots of fancy Czech tail art versions out there, they would look good lined up on the shelf.

I won't be using Ocean Grey however, it is too dark that the low vis decals and numbers are almost lost.

That's all the decals on the Gripen that I shall bother with. Ocean grey was too dark so not much will be visible. Let these soak in tonight and then look to do touch ups, lights, doors and gear then matt varnish. Then the ordnance made up painted and decal and we should make the deadline.

IMG_6819

• Like 4

26780450587_728624ab73_b.jpg

ok what's the deal Flickr. Hopefully you can see this latest image? I can see this one. For what's worth, on the home straight with this. Second of three or four matt varnish coats, gear doors then it shall be about done. Not arming her, meant to be a training flight anyway. 

Calling this done. Doubt anybody will be able to access the pictures, not really any point posting in gallery either. Not sure what the deal is with Flickr but looks like my BM days of posting pics are done, after the last pic sharing fiasco I don't have the energy or time to switch hosting sites yet again. Thanks for stopping by 

Good recovery with the tail decals. Always adding a bit of tension to the end of a build. I agree the grey looks a bit dark but it's hard to tell with pictures on the net.

Overall a good job. 

Colin 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CliffB said:

Looking very nice (and I'm glad that your photos started posting again) :goodjob:

I followed the instructions in the FAQ re using the Flickr app, can only post one at a time, but better than nothing. I have no idea what is wrong with Flickr, there’s those two photos that are blocked but the older ones from direct site remain. Anyway, thanks for stopping by, be a while before another Gripen, fancy the Swedish camouflage one...and all the Czech tail arts a Hungarian and maybe the British trainer....

• Like 1

No sooner said that it’s mucked up and only some photos available now. Now idea sorry seems Flickr is now out of bounds too for BM