This ones  set off so well, I got it at Telford last year and within days of purchase I had the basic assembly done, but from that high point things started to go wrong, and it languished on the shelf of doom.

39672668772_c1ed847020_b.jpg

little things like my superglue deciding not to want to stick the undercarriage doors on,  and the masking tape deciding not to mask slowed me down but some free time between Christmas and New Year got it finished.

39672670162_947a440735_b.jpg

the kit decal are odd colours and fonts so I replaced them with the same markings but so much more accurate in all areas from Caracal. Then I lost the nose wheel door....

39672671032_e4fea8c39f_b.jpg

So that needed to be scratched built. Other than the port intake, the fit was very good and had none of the 'interesting' assembly features of the venerable but still good RevelllMonogram single-seater and I would do anther if the price is right. The final issue was that I had used vinyl masks rather than the usual yellow tape ones I normally use and they must have loosened over the three months since they were attached so there was some bleeding of the varnish onto the canopies. A wiser modeller than I suggests that the canopies sit too high as designed, I'm not so sure but I think a little filing will be in order if I get another one.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 9

Hi Andy

Another nice sixties jet, like the decals a lot.

Like you I had a few problems with the one I built, a lot of fiddly bits to knock of while other things are being done.

I also think the canopy sits too high although I'm not sure if anything can be done about it, must admit I haven't looked it too seriously yet for the other one in the stash.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

Very nice - I think the twin-seater is the better looking member of the F-106 family, and NJ markings look particularly good on it. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for producing such great decals. I'm just regretting not getting a sheet of your 48013, the Penn Guard machine is calling me. Reminds me of  good times in Pittsburgh and passing their museum. The KC135s they fly now were fun to watch from my hotel veranda but the Dagger and Dart would have been better. Maybe a re-print???