Acryllic wash over Pledge Floor Care

beetcleaner

My usual method for applying a wash is at least two coats of Pledge Floor care, left to cure, then apply Windsor and Newton artists oils thinned with white spirit. When I come to clean off the wash it sometimes lifts the Pledge and paint underneath. I'm giving the Pledge two days at least to set and I'm not drenching the model with the wash or having the clean up cloth/cotton buds soaking with WS

I've seen a technique whereby you thin acryllic Tamiya paint with water and washing up liquid and apply this instead of using an oil based wash over an acryllic gloss. Also seen a technique where Klear is mixed 50/50 with water, a small amount of Tamiya acryllic is added, then its brushed over a matt surface to highlight cockpit detail. Would this also work if applied to an acryllic finish

I know this subject has been done to death but I'm at the end of a long build on my Airfix 1/48 Meteor and I dont want to ruin it by having a wash go through the paintwork. Model is airbrushed with Humbrol enamels with at least 24 hours between coats.

Thankyou in advance for any advice

My understanding of Klear/Pledge is that it re-activates when certain fluids are applied to it?  This means that it goes back to being fluid.  Perhaps a clear varnish might be more suitable.