*done* Eduard Bf 110 E 1/72nd

I´m booking a slot for my Eduard Bf One-ten E Profipack kit to be built here. I have decals for a plane from 7., 8. and 9./ZG 26 in Sicily or Libya. I´m tempted to doing a RLM 78/79 scheme... The reason´s pretty obvious! Best regards, V-P

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Good choice V-P I say go for the 78/79 scheme 👍.

And I'm going too. I built an Airfix E with decals from this Eduard kit, back in Bf 110 STGB. Now I'll be doing vice versa! V-P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Time to get focused on the -ten, then. Building the Eduard Bf 110 E- kit, one of the first decisions needed is whether to build a short or long fuselage one? Unlike Airfix, that has the separate tail sections to add in a later phase, Eduard gives you two complete one piece fuselage halves. And mighty fine looking plastic parts they are, too.

I built an Airfix kit with Eduard decals in the Bf 110 STGB a few years back. Now it´s time to do vice versa. Here´s the (c) Airfix website illustration for the paint scheme and decals I´ve chosen:

a03081-a

A nice scheme with a North African front RLM 78/79 camouflage, no splinters, no mottling :yahoo: , some white theater colours and red Staffel colours. Though I´m a bit puzzled about the rudders and lower cowlings being yellow. The red plane code "K" and spinner head are correct for 8. Staffel. BUT, the more colours, the better! Though I hate painting white... :weep:. Best regards, V-P

• Like 3

And I'm off. First thing I did was to remove the unnecessary parts to clear my view on what to build, and what not. Here are most of what goes to spares box. I did find even more of them later.

To spares.

These parts, on the other, I will use:

To kit.

And maybe some of these goodies too:

Goodies!

Build pics? No, not yet. I started assembling simple plastic subassemblies - although the landing gear can't be described as simple - whatever I looked to be reasonable to smack together before painting anything. And indeed, like the Airfix 110 and Revell Ju 88 kits, I prefer to assemble the landing gear in situ, piece by piece and then build the nacelles around them. Works well, highly recommended!

And the kit is just beautiful. Best regards, V-P

• Like 2

So what's happening? Not much for the next week, as I'm writing this in a sleeping car of a nocturnal autotrain to Lapland. Sports holiday for a teacher wife and student "kids". The one-ten has its wings almost completed as a sub-assembly, except the most fiddly bits like aileron balances and pitot. The pit is coming along fine, next I need to shave the details to be replaced with photoetch. And make my mind up, should I paint the interior with RLM 02 or erm.. the dark gray. But a week off now! Best regards, V-P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been slowly doing this and that to avoid tackling the interior + the etch. Soon I'm forced to do that. Can't help that. I now have an almost complete Bf 110 wing and nothing done with the fuselage ( except the white theater band I painted together with the white wingtips. My build order is... interesting?). So here's a pic of the wing dryfitted to the taped-together fuselage.

Dry fitting.

Yes, the colour is RLM 78 but one drop tank is RLM 65 and the other RLM 76 - on purpose :yahoo:.

Best regards, V-P

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Sorry to crash back at this stage of the GB... But I still believe this will be finished by next sunday :coolio:

2018-05-06_08-36-062018-05-06_08-36-43

Secret Messerschmitt flying wing- project:

2018-05-06_08-37-362018-05-06_08-38-06

Joined together in an IKEA- build?

2018-05-06_08-53-522018-05-06_08-52-202018-05-06_08-52-53

I'm awfully clumsy with the photo etch. I don't care :yahoo:.V-P

• Like 3

On 06/05/2018 at 19:16, vppelt68 said:

... But I still believe this will be finished by next sunday :coolio:

If you say it will I have every confidence that it shall be

• Like 1

Just also saw you 1-TEN in the gallery V_P, you did a fine job on it. :thumbsup:

I have a stalled Airfix 110 hiding somewhere in the stash. I thought about building it as the Finnish Air Force What - If, then again ti may end up in its correct colours :D

• Thanks 1

Oh go on Jyr... err Ray, Finnish WHIF Bf 110:s aren´t that fictional as one could believe; a batch of our pilots and radio operators were in night fighter training in Germany as late as in the war as summer of 1944, with plans to equip a Lentue with a dozen Bf 110 G:s... which never materialized. I liked the Airfix kit that I built a few years ago. So what are you waiting for!? V-P