1/72 Blenheim IV's with the undernose turret decals?

Procopius

I love the look of the weird and not-terribly-useful undernose turret in the Airfix Blenheim IV bomber. As much of a closet Francophile as I might be, however, this is Britmodeller, and I'd rather do one in more traditional RAF markings, but decal options for Blenheim IVs with the turret seem few and far between. If you know of something out there I'm missing, I'd be most grateful to you if you could tell me about it.

14 hours ago, Procopius said:

I love the look of the weird and not-terribly-useful undernose turret in the Airfix Blenheim IV bomber. As much of a closet Francophile as I might be, however, this is Britmodeller, and I'd rather do one in more traditional RAF markings, but decal options for Blenheim IVs with the turret seem few and far between. If you know of something out there I'm missing, I'd be most grateful to you if you could tell me about it.

Are you talking about one fitted with the Beaufort undernose mounting  (the one that looks like a perspex bubble) or the one with the FN 54 twin gun turret?

Selwyn

4 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Are you talking about one fitted with the Beaufort undernose mounting  (the one that looks like a perspex bubble) or the one with the FN 54 twin gun turret?

Selwyn

Er, well, both, actually! It kinda looks like the Airfix kit only has the latter, though. Does any kit have the Beaufort mounting?

I think the Airfix Mk.IV does have the perspex bubble, check the clear parts - it's not mentioned in the instructions for the fighter version (obviously I suppose) but I do recall seeing it there I'm sure...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

I think the Airfix Mk.IV does have the perspex bubble, check the clear parts - it's not mentioned in the instructions for the fighter version (obviously I suppose) but I do recall seeing it there I'm sure...

Huh! Sure seems like it! Well this is exciting.

26 minutes ago, Beard said:

Both turrets are in the box. If you'd like the transfers on that Hannants sheet, PM me with your choice and I'll send them to you.

I...I love you!

• Haha 3

There's a photo of the clear sprue about half way down this review:

http://hyperscale.com/2015/reviews/kits/airfixa04017reviewmd_1.htm

I take it that's the nose fairing top left? I think I still have the markings for GB*D from the Victoria Cross Icons set, which would make a nice alternative to the current kit schemes.

John

• Like 1

I had no probs viewing the photos in the links, I 've got the photobucket hotlink fix on my laptop, available for Chrome  & Firefox, there're links to it in the big photobucket thread,  I put them up recently but google for it as I described above should find it too. They're worth viewing.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1